Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Stride to launch automatically each time Windows starts up (like in HipChat)

Michael De La Rosa February 5, 2018

With HipChat, there was a setting to have the program launch automatically each time Windows started up.  However, I'm not able to find this same option for Stride.  Is there a way to do this so you don't have to  manually start Stride each time you boot up the computer?

Thanks.

4 answers

4 votes
Pino Carafa February 21, 2018

This is a bit absurd, to be honest. It should be an option in the User Preferences of the app itself, NOT something one needs to fudge by putting something into the Windows Startup folder. It's not 1992 anymore.

While this is being implemented though, may I make a suggestion that not only do you give users the option to "Start automatically with Windows" like Hipchat used to do, but even give them the option to pick when to do that, for example it would be handy if a user could choose for it to only Start automatically With Windows on weekdays, not on the weekends.

2 votes
Steph February 5, 2018

You can add Stride to your Windows Startup folder. Any program you add to the Startup folder will automatically start when you turn on your computer. How you do this depends on which Windows operating system you are using.

1 vote
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

I think we all know the real answer here... just never restart your PC. 

#technightmares

Anthony March 7, 2018

Brilliant! :p 

1 vote
Anthony February 12, 2018

To put in Windows startup folder,   Click Start> Run> type "shell:startup"  without quotations in the little box. Click Ok.  A folder opens.     Drag program icon to that folder.    Done.  

C Turner June 5, 2018

... except then it opens a window in the foreground, whereas most users probably just want it to load quietly in the background, ready for when it's needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events