Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reply or Quote messages that are posted in Stride?

Mohan January 24, 2018

Any normal chat tool has an option of responding to the particular message by clicking on it. It is currently lacking in Stride or am I missing something?

11 answers

6 votes
Mohan June 7, 2018

@lauren, do you still feel that your answer is valid, in spite seeing these many responses?

2 votes
andronat June 6, 2018

This is an essential feature for us too. Even facebook messenger and whatsapp implement those functionalities...

1 vote
Yigal Kron July 5, 2018

I can deal with the lack of threading, though I see the value in it. But not being able to reference / quote a message you're replying to is ridiculous, it's such a basic functionality.

1 vote
Ajay Subramaniyan June 15, 2018

We can use markdown ">" and copy paste the message to reply. But, that's too much work!

1 vote
Malte June 6, 2018

We moved from slack to stride and also need this feature fast. My team starts to move back to slack and explains this because of missing reply feature.... Please tell us, if there is sense in waiting or not. thx

Malte June 19, 2018

Doesn't look like anything is going to happen here "fast". We had to move back yesterday to Slack. Good luck

1 vote
Marco May 29, 2018

Guys, when are you going to implement this feature?  When you have multiple people active in a chat box it is kinda hard to reply to someone without being able to quote them. Big miss here... 

1 vote
Adamya Sa May 29, 2018

Introduce particular message reply feature fast. On priority. Otherwise this app will start fading away soon

Marco May 29, 2018

Agreed. Actually, my employees don't even like it at the moment, but I'm stretching to give Stride a chance.... 

Ramon Diogo July 16, 2018

That's exactly what I'm going through! hahaha

0 votes
hazz September 12, 2018

As of Sept 2018, I still can't quote message in stride. Freakin lame

fab September 12, 2018

Because Slack happend

0 votes
Marek Suchowski June 7, 2018

what they said...

0 votes
Adamya Sa May 30, 2018

We are not able to copy a message and paste it bak to edit it or to send it to another group chat. Ther is no option of copying text in iPhone app. Introduce soon 

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Mohan,

We don't have message threading, or the ability to reply to messages in Stride. 

Mohan January 24, 2018

Isn't that a basic necessity? Any plans of bringing this feature?

slashmo January 25, 2018

Also, coming from Slack, my team and I are missing the emoji reactions very much. They are such a good way to replace answers like "ok", "good", ...

lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2018

@Mohan, threading is something that we decided not to build because we believe it takes away from the chat experience. 

@slashmo, we are currently working on emoji reactions! They will be coming middle of this year. 

David Serber February 16, 2018

The ability to quote and reply to messages would be highly appreciated. 

Jorge Andres Brugger February 21, 2018

@laurenplease add message quoting. It´s the easiest way to focus on a multi-topic room.

lauren
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2018

You can use quote formatting, but there is no way to click to quote a message. That's something that's coming in the future. 

Mel March 20, 2018

We also feel the need to reply to certain messages. When we are at meetings and come back we don't have the option to reply to certain messages in a large group room. I hope this is coming soon.

@denisdem April 11, 2018

add replying and quoting. Also, I can't get how I should use "decision" and "Action" feature. I think you're on wrong side

fab April 12, 2018

In my honest opinion a missing feature for room reply and quote is a big design flaw and will definatly be a dealbreaker for my company

I kind of like the decision and task thing but seriously, that would be like a car with the beast voice assistant but no wheels.

I kinda suggest to implement a propper room and message delete as well as a deep structure of room hirarchy - this would be a big deal against other soloutions like slack

Sergey Plotkin April 19, 2018

It's a kind of sucks. There is no message replies, there is no message threading, there is no possibility to pin certain messages. It provides just a basic set of chatting features and no more. And this product is promoting as product for IT. It's funny. It's not just falling short compared to Slack for working, it even worse than Telegram.

Nick Zaglyadnov July 17, 2018

@lauren, about threading in Stride and a decision you guys made to not include threading as a part of Stride - did you get customer feedback on this? It seems like, it is a dealbreaker for lots of people here (including us). We love the deep-ish Jira integration in Stride (nothing Slack cannot do)... but we moved away from Slack because it was slow and because Stride is an Atlassian family. However now we see that Stride lacks basic Slack features. In my opinion, if those are not done as a priority, people will be leaving Stride

Deleted user October 28, 2018

Agree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events