Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use your chat tool to improve camaraderie?

melody
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

team-building-chat (1).png

We found 71% of chat users we surveyed said team chat makes them feel more connected. 

We looked at different ways you can use chat to connect with your team and posted them here. What did we miss? What apps or tactics do you use to improve collaboration across your teams in chat?

Want to learn more about the state of chat? Read our full survey results and insights here.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

I absolutely love the team chat guide, shared via linkedin :)

I specifically enjoyed how you highlighted the drawbacks of always on immediate communication and strategies for moving past those obstacles. 

melody
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. The Stride team did an amazing job.

melody
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2018

Oh and you're from Sacramento - I used to live there. It's my favorite city. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Pretty great city for a little town, right? Lived here all my life :)

Steve June 13, 2018

The team chat guide was great! One thing some of our teams struggle with is the "always avaiable" issue.  I have encouraged my teams to make boundaries aware, especially through Rules of Engagement :) 

melody
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2018

We realized that was an issue and wrote this blog to get people thinking about crafting their own guidelines or "Rules of Engagement." https://www.stride.com/blog/how-to-craft-chat-guidelines-for-your-team 

dafqs July 1, 2018

Chat communication changes forms and effects of communication comprehensively. subtleties in the effect of communication are often underestimated. It's about the strength of the weak relationship, in sociological terms. It's an interesting article. Thanks.

0 votes
James Paen June 13, 2018

hey everyone 

how do i delete my question from the community?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2018

@James Paen, you do not have the ability to do this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events