How do you integrate Bitbucket with Stride? Edited

How do you integrate Bitbucket with Stride? We currently have it integrated with HipChat and it works great. We get notifications in different rooms each time a project is modified and we want to have similar notifications for Stride.

7 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi all, 

If you are using Bitbucket Cloud: the app is available today

Just clarifying when you can/can't add a repo using the Bitbucket Cloud integration with Stride: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/stride-documentation/use-bitbucket-and-stride-together-945522422.html?_ga=2.167840353.172124038.1522753001-1977482943.1479248355

You can add a repository to a Stride room under these conditions:

• You're the repository's owner or an admin of the repository's team OR the owner or admin has granted Stride access to the Bitbucket account
  • You have read access to the repository

Otherwise, you'll need to ask the repository's owner or team admin to add the repository instead.

We've improved error messages for the cases where you don't have access!

If you are using Bitbucket Server, the integration is currently in our backlog

We will update this ticket when it is available: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-2168 

Posting this as accepted answer ist just ridiculous. This will nowhere resolve the Issues people encountering here. There is still now way to integrate Stride with a real (server) Bitbucket instance.

Thanks @Moritz Haendel, I've updated the answer and put a link to the issue you can track for the delivery of the Bitbucket Server integration. 

We just get this;

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 2.06.51 pm.png

I've gone to the page "Install now" takes you to, and granted access, and then hit add again and it just keeps coming up with 'need to install an app'?

Hi,

I have the same issue on my side.

@atlassianAny update about this issue ?

Thanks.

Hello @Lauren Harrison,

Same thing on our side: access granted but still the same error again and again. Is it possible to receive some help on that issue?

Thanks!

Hi @Jihani Laouadi and @Alexandre Jardin,

I don't work on Support, so it's difficult for me to help. Would you mind reaching out to Support?

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

We are getting this same error

Hi, Guys, I'm having the same issue is this already fixed? 

i installed and set it up put keeps on pooping and i can't use and call the repo. 

problem.gif

The most likely reason:

• You're not the repository's owner or an admin of the repository's team (Tactiles)
  • The owner or admin hasn't granted you Stride access to the Bitbucket account

The best way to check this:

When you click on "install now", are you able to select the "Tactiles" account in Bitbucket? If not, then you won't be able to install this app and need to ask one of their admins to do so. 

Hi Tanguy, 

I Already Installed it in bitbucket. and I Saw the "Tactiles" Account . But Still Same Error Occurs. 

Capture1.JPG

0 votes
Oji Udezue Atlassian Team Dec 02, 2017

Are you using Bitbucket Cloud? We have that integration/add-on launching sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Yes. Bitbucket Cloud. Do you have a specific launch date?

Been looking for this also. Thought it may have been turned on already since todays Bitbucket Deployments announcement mentioned "Better Stride notifications".. better than.. not existing yet? lol

0 votes

Hey All!

Like Oji said, Stride app aren't available yet but they will be in the next couple weeks. The Bitbucket Cloud app will work exactly the same as the Hipchat integration, but we are working on building deeper integrations over time. 

Lauren,

It would be very helpful for you to post dates when the service will be launching.   It's very frustrating to be in the dark on this, especially when we are unable to add people to Hipchat.  To date (13 Feb 2017), I'm still unable to integrate Bitbucket into Stride, or see Stride inline in Jira.

Thanks!

Jim Miller

The app is available now.  

Check the add app function on the right side of Stride for the room.  Nice thing is it is tied to each user's individual account.

Not on the web or the Linux version yet though?

Using the Windows 64-bit version.  Sorry.

Not seeing it on Windows client 64bits

StrideWeb Version 1.8.69

Desktop Version 1.8.18

I guess this is a soft roll out kind of release.

Not seeing on

StrideWeb Version 1.8.69

Desktop Version 1.8.18

Hey all - Stride apps are rolling out slowly, so not everyone has them yet. You should be seeing them soon, if you aren't already!

I guess there is a reason why I am never told about surprise parties...

:(

2018, still seeing missing integrations.

This is indeed a slow roll-out.

I installed the Bitbucket app and authorized it but I can't add any repos.  I can select repos from the dropdown list but they result in a 403 error. Is there something I need to do on the Bitbucket side of things?

Hey Andrew!

Sorry to hear you are seeing an error! Would you mind sending a screenshot of the 403 so we can figure out what's up?

Sure thing. This is what I see after trying any repo.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 1.49.53 PM.png

Passed that info along to the API PM and he's working to figure it out! Thanks for reaching out. 

Hey Andrew, just wanted to let you know that this should be fixed now. Let us know if you have any more problems!

I'm still seeing the same error message, prompting me to "install an app. in Bitbucket first".

Hi Jim,

Maybe reach out the in developer community? I'm not sure I have an answer here. 

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/

Did this get answered? I am having the same problem. When I am in STRIDE i try to configure my bitbucket repo and it just spins....

firefox_2018-02-13_09-32-56.png

I've yet to receive an answer.  I didn't sign on as a Beta tester, and don't appreciate an undocumented "soft" launch.

All users have access to Stride apps, if you aren't seeing that option on your right sidebar, you should reach out to Support! https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

I'm seeing Bitbucket, and I'm seeing our BB instance.  When I attempt to link them, I continually get the following message:

"You need to install pre-requisites in Bitbucket first."

I have followed the subsequent instructions, but continue to get the previous message.

Hi all - This is a great thread and I believe I can help! I work at an iPaaS company called Azuqua. We have an app library with over 200+ pre-built app connectors including Bitbucket and Stride. If anyone is interested in discussing integration I'd be happy to schedule a call or you can reach me at my email Cameron@azuqua.com.

Thanks, but I'd rather the two Atlassian products integrate out of the box, without need for a consultant :)

I completely understand, just wanted to let you know we can provide the integration. If you ever need a way to eliminate manual data entry or create automation between cloud apps it's an easy fix with Azuqua :) 

Problem solved!  I did not have Admin access to Bitbucket, so was unable to install the add-on.  I got my SYSADMIN to install the pre-reqs, and now Bitbucket status is reporting in Stride.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Stride

Get Started in Stride in 3 Easy Steps

Get started on Stride in 3 easy steps   If you’re new to Stride, welcome! We’re super excited to have you aboard. Stride is easy to use and set up, so don’t worry about reading tons of borin...

261 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you