Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you integrate Bitbucket with Stride?

Win December 1, 2017

How do you integrate Bitbucket with Stride? We currently have it integrated with HipChat and it works great. We get notifications in different rooms each time a project is modified and we want to have similar notifications for Stride.

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi all, 

If you are using Bitbucket Cloud: the app is available today

Just clarifying when you can/can't add a repo using the Bitbucket Cloud integration with Stride: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/stride-documentation/use-bitbucket-and-stride-together-945522422.html?_ga=2.167840353.172124038.1522753001-1977482943.1479248355

You can add a repository to a Stride room under these conditions:

• You're the repository's owner or an admin of the repository's team OR the owner or admin has granted Stride access to the Bitbucket account
  • You have read access to the repository

Otherwise, you'll need to ask the repository's owner or team admin to add the repository instead.

We've improved error messages for the cases where you don't have access!

If you are using Bitbucket Server, the integration is currently in our backlog

We will update this ticket when it is available: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-2168 

Moritz Haendel April 3, 2018

Posting this as accepted answer ist just ridiculous. This will nowhere resolve the Issues people encountering here. There is still now way to integrate Stride with a real (server) Bitbucket instance.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Thanks @Moritz Haendel, I've updated the answer and put a link to the issue you can track for the delivery of the Bitbucket Server integration. 

3 votes
David January 21, 2018

We just get this;

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 2.06.51 pm.png

I've gone to the page "Install now" takes you to, and granted access, and then hit add again and it just keeps coming up with 'need to install an app'?

Jihani LAOUADI January 23, 2018

Hi,

I have the same issue on my side.

@atlassianAny update about this issue ?

Thanks.

ajardin January 24, 2018

Hello @lauren,

Same thing on our side: access granted but still the same error again and again. Is it possible to receive some help on that issue?

Thanks!

lauren
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2018

Hi @Jihani Laouadi and @ajardin,

I don't work on Support, so it's difficult for me to help. Would you mind reaching out to Support?

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Justin Rector February 23, 2018

We are getting this same error

Jesseca Cortez April 18, 2018

Hi, Guys, I'm having the same issue is this already fixed? 

i installed and set it up put keeps on pooping and i can't use and call the repo. 

problem.gif

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2018

The most likely reason:

• You're not the repository's owner or an admin of the repository's team (Tactiles)
  • The owner or admin hasn't granted you Stride access to the Bitbucket account

The best way to check this:

When you click on "install now", are you able to select the "Tactiles" account in Bitbucket? If not, then you won't be able to install this app and need to ask one of their admins to do so. 

Jesseca Cortez April 19, 2018

Hi Tanguy, 

I Already Installed it in bitbucket. and I Saw the "Tactiles" Account . But Still Same Error Occurs. 

Capture1.JPG

0 votes
Cameron Wilson April 11, 2018

Hi all - This is a great thread and I believe I can help! I work at an iPaaS company called Azuqua. We have an app library with over 200+ pre-built app connectors including Bitbucket and Stride. If anyone is interested in discussing integration I'd be happy to schedule a call or you can reach me at my email Cameron@azuqua.com.

jameslmiller April 11, 2018

Thanks, but I'd rather the two Atlassian products integrate out of the box, without need for a consultant :)

Cameron Wilson April 11, 2018

I completely understand, just wanted to let you know we can provide the integration. If you ever need a way to eliminate manual data entry or create automation between cloud apps it's an easy fix with Azuqua :) 

jameslmiller April 19, 2018

Problem solved!  I did not have Admin access to Bitbucket, so was unable to install the add-on.  I got my SYSADMIN to install the pre-reqs, and now Bitbucket status is reporting in Stride.

0 votes
Andrew Winter December 19, 2017

I installed the Bitbucket app and authorized it but I can't add any repos.  I can select repos from the dropdown list but they result in a 403 error. Is there something I need to do on the Bitbucket side of things?

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2017

Hey Andrew!

Sorry to hear you are seeing an error! Would you mind sending a screenshot of the 403 so we can figure out what's up?

Andrew Winter December 19, 2017

Sure thing. This is what I see after trying any repo.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 1.49.53 PM.png

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2017

Passed that info along to the API PM and he's working to figure it out! Thanks for reaching out. 

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2017

Hey Andrew, just wanted to let you know that this should be fixed now. Let us know if you have any more problems!

jameslmiller January 29, 2018

I'm still seeing the same error message, prompting me to "install an app. in Bitbucket first".

lauren
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2018

Hi Jim,

Maybe reach out the in developer community? I'm not sure I have an answer here. 

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/

Brandon February 13, 2018

Did this get answered? I am having the same problem. When I am in STRIDE i try to configure my bitbucket repo and it just spins....

firefox_2018-02-13_09-32-56.png

jameslmiller February 13, 2018

I've yet to receive an answer.  I didn't sign on as a Beta tester, and don't appreciate an undocumented "soft" launch.

lauren
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2018

All users have access to Stride apps, if you aren't seeing that option on your right sidebar, you should reach out to Support! https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

jameslmiller April 11, 2018

I'm seeing Bitbucket, and I'm seeing our BB instance.  When I attempt to link them, I continually get the following message:

"You need to install pre-requisites in Bitbucket first."

I have followed the subsequent instructions, but continue to get the previous message.

0 votes
Abel Lineberger December 18, 2017

The app is available now.  

Check the add app function on the right side of Stride for the room.  Nice thing is it is tied to each user's individual account.

Xander December 18, 2017

Not on the web or the Linux version yet though?

Abel Lineberger December 18, 2017

Using the Windows 64-bit version.  Sorry.

Nicolas Bihan December 18, 2017

Not seeing it on Windows client 64bits

StrideWeb Version 1.8.69

Desktop Version 1.8.18

I guess this is a soft roll out kind of release.

Moritz Haendel December 21, 2017

Not seeing on

StrideWeb Version 1.8.69

Desktop Version 1.8.18

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2017

Hey all - Stride apps are rolling out slowly, so not everyone has them yet. You should be seeing them soon, if you aren't already!

Abel Lineberger December 21, 2017

I guess there is a reason why I am never told about surprise parties...

:(

Nicolas Bihan January 2, 2018

2018, still seeing missing integrations.

This is indeed a slow roll-out.

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2017

Hey All!

Like Oji said, Stride app aren't available yet but they will be in the next couple weeks. The Bitbucket Cloud app will work exactly the same as the Hipchat integration, but we are working on building deeper integrations over time. 

jameslmiller February 13, 2018

Lauren,

It would be very helpful for you to post dates when the service will be launching.   It's very frustrating to be in the dark on this, especially when we are unable to add people to Hipchat.  To date (13 Feb 2017), I'm still unable to integrate Bitbucket into Stride, or see Stride inline in Jira.

Thanks!

Jim Miller

0 votes
StrideGuns
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2017

Are you using Bitbucket Cloud? We have that integration/add-on launching sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Win December 2, 2017

Yes. Bitbucket Cloud. Do you have a specific launch date?

Xander December 5, 2017

Been looking for this also. Thought it may have been turned on already since todays Bitbucket Deployments announcement mentioned "Better Stride notifications".. better than.. not existing yet? lol

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events