Did you mean: 

How do you delete a room

Andrew Egan January 24, 2018

I can only see info on archiving a room rather than deleting

5 answers

7 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

Hi all, 

We will soon add the ability to delete rooms from Stride. 

Feel free to vote and comment to show your support. :) 

Thank you!

Fabio April 24, 2018

Thank you! ☺

Robert Banks June 12, 2018

Is there a timeline for this feature?

0 votes
Fabio August 6, 2018

You can delete rooms in Slack. Solution? Anticipate the transfer to Slack.

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

Yeah that is what i figured but was hoping to remove old rooms before we migrate to Slack. 

Fabio August 6, 2018

I started new in Slack and invited the Stride users. I didn't transfer the account. The transfer from Hipchat to Stride was terrible.

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

Same, our's was not seamless but its the conversation history i need to retain. Maybe Copy and Paste will suffice as long as we retain it. 

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2018

Yes, in the future we will allow users to delete rooms in Stride :) 

Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for when this option will be available. 

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2018

Will the Stride team continue to do development work on these types of requests now that you have partnered with Slack and will be decommissioning Stride in 2019?  

0 votes
Claudionei April 24, 2018

But in the future will it be possible to delete a room, as it was possible in hipchat?

Robert Banks June 12, 2018

do you have a timeline?

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

Hi Andrew,

There is no way to delete a room right now, you can only archive it. 

Fabio February 10, 2018

I noticed you can delete a room in Hipchat, but it will remain accessible from Stride. Any user can still access the rooms even if they're not open for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events