cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we get rid of the Everyone Default Room - Can't Archive

Jeff Pellegrin July 16, 2018

So:

1. You can not delete rooms, you can only archive

2. The everyone room defaults to all users, we have confidential users that we need to remove from rooms. 

3. You can not delete from the everyone room. 

4. You can't make another room default with permissions like lock remove or remove users. 

5. Having the system automatically add users to general HUB is a terrible idea. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2018

Hi Jeff, 

We will soon add the ability to delete rooms from Stride. 

Regarding the default room, could you please let me know what's the exact name of the room and if possible, could you share an image of it here with us? 

Thank you!

Jeff Pellegrin July 18, 2018

The Everyone Room is the default room and does not allow functionality for admins to archives, make private, or remove users. I am betting that includes your new feature In Review and kicked back to In Progress

Rajaram Venkataramani July 23, 2018

I was able to modify the "Everyone" default room's name.

When I invite people to Stride, this is the "starter room" by default. I would like to invite and add new users to the room of my choice.

Is this possible in Stride?

Liran Gabai July 25, 2018

I need it also, it is just really poor behavior that we can't delete or at least don't give access (by default or not by default) to this rooms, I want to work with employees and can't invite them to use it because they getting access to this room, when we could do this basic action as delete room..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events