Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my profile picture in Stride?

Donna Bryant May 31, 2018

We're using the free version of Stride.  I've changed my profile picture in the past, but something changed in Stride and I can't readily see where to change the profile pic.

Thanks,

Donna

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2018

Hi, Donna.

This question was brought up previously in this thread - How do you add a photo once your profile has already been set up?

Please go through the Stride specific step which involves changing your profile photo in the https://id.atlassian.com/manage/account-settings#edit-avatar page and let me know how it goes for you.

Donna Bryant May 31, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for the information.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  I couldn't figure out how to browse there once I logged in to my account (I only see our company's users and rooms, and the Settings > Profile screen doesn't have a link to manage profile).  I'll have to bookmark this page.

Thanks again!!

Donna

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2018

Hi again, Donna.

You are most welcome. Happy to help!

Deleted user February 13, 2019

This took me about an hour and a half to figure out, because the interface under profile looks like it is meant to work.  For instance, it let's you do stuff, and it shows you your picture, albeit oddly.

How about fixing this, so people don't take so  much time, as I did, to figure it out and come to this page?

An error message with a pointer would be nice, for instance.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2019

Hi, @[deleted]

Since Stride is going to EOL tomorrow based on Stride and Hipchat Cloud End of Life: Just under 30 days away (updated) (February 15, 2019), I don't think that there will be any further bug fixes / improvements implementation due to that. Meanwhile, I would like to understand this part a little better:

because the interface under profile looks like it is meant to work.  For instance, it let's you do stuff, and it shows you your picture, albeit oddly.

Can you please share a screen shot or two to portray the current behavior that you are experiencing? Just out of my curiosity.

Here you go.  You can see an old smiley I tried to put in there, but it could not be sized, and it never took over my profile picture.

Capture.PNGYou can see a big huge smiley in the background which I tried to make into my profile pic from the "profiles" page, but it never worked and I could not resize, even after I cut the image down to 300x300 and 200x200.

The place I found the link to the right place indicated that profile pics could only be set at startup, and thereafter you need to use this other link, but there is no error message, which meant I thought I was doing something wrong, and so spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out.

Here is how I accessed my profile.

Capture.PNG

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2019

Hi, @[deleted]

Thank you for providing the screen shots to this thread. Based on the second screen shot you added, you were accessing your profile through your Cloud instance:

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 10.52.38.png

I can confirm that by changing the profile picture here and logging out & logging in from Stride shows the updated picture accordingly:

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 10.57.58.png

Upload a new photo:

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 11.01.26.png

Confirm that the new avatar is added:

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 10.59.13.png

Verify that it is updated on the web browser:

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 11.00.58.png

Verify that it is updated in Stride after log out and log in again:

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 11.03.53.png

The size of the image that I used was 7.3 MB .jpg file. 

=)  I too am a software engineer.  The question isn't whether YOU can make it work, it's whether I can make it work!!!

I'm using Chrome, if that makes a difference.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2019

Helo, @[deleted]

I understand your point and to make sure that I did not miss out on that, I actually had it tested on multiple browsers on my end (Safari, Chrome, Opera). The only issue that I had stumbled upon was in Firefox initially where the avatar update took a little bit longer to be reflected on Stride after refreshing the page a couple of times.

Perhaps you can share the smiley picture you used on your end so I can replicate the issue on my end too? Additionally, please let me know the environment that you are on too:

• OS version
  • Chrome version

Thanks.

I can spend some time trying to advance this issue if you like.

I'm wondering if the fact that I did not have a profile pic made it so that interface did not work.  I like the NC circle, and will try to incorporate it now.

Yep, as I suspected.  I can now do what I need to do.  Because I had no profile picture before, the interface was broken.  Now, I have the right interface to add a picture.

Capture1.PNG

If you want to replicate, create a new user and bring it up.

Then try.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2019

Hi, @[deleted]

I created a new user on my Cloud instance and directly after obtaining access, I went through the steps to upload a fresh avatar to my account. as you can see, there is no avatar associated to my account yet indicated by the *AD* profile picture: 

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 08.26.39.png

I might be missing out on any specific details here. Let me know if you prefer to get in touch with the support team to dig deeper into this matter and I will be happy to assist you with that.

Deleted user February 14, 2019

Not really.  Maybe someone fixed it.  There are several posts with the same complaint, so I'll assume it got fixed.  Incidentally, that includes folks on my team that were having problems, and reports from others.

But, I think you've checked everything you can, and so it must have been fixed.  Thanks for checking!

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2019

Hello again, @[deleted]

You are most welcome! It's always good to double check, so no worries. Happy to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events