Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I suppress the "floating mini window" when a Stride meeting is not the foreground window?

boagrca February 20, 2018

I'm using Stride for Linux (Ubuntu 64-bit).

While I use Stride for text and video chat with colleagues, the inability to share a screen (as opposed to either an application or *both* of my screens) leaves me using other software (TeamViewer) during these meetings.

When I do this, the Stride meeting is no longer the active foreground window, and there appears a "floating mini window" of my (video) chat partners forced in front of whatever application I'm trying to use.

Usually this is on the screen that I'm sharing, and I then have to drag the "floating mini window" to another screen. If I go back to Stride, then to another applicaiton, the "floating mini window" appears again.

Even worse, if I accidentally drag this "floating mini window" onto the main Stride video chat window, BOOM, the chat is over.

For me, it would be highly preferable to never have the "floating mini window" appear. At all. Ever.

I have looked for an option to disable it in the Stride settings. Also I've searched Google. When the "floating mini window" appears I've tried moving my mouse around it to see if there's some hidden setting icon or something I can use to banish it.

All to no avail.

I understand that the "floating mini window" is likely quite useful and desirable. For other people. Not me.

So... how can I suppress this "floating mini window" that reenters my life when a Stride meeting is running but not the active window in the foreground?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

Hi Ruquay,

To further investigate the issue I would recommend reaching out to our Support team.

You can contact them here - https://support.atlassian.com/stride/

Thank you!

boagrca February 26, 2018

Thanks, I've submitted a support ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events