How can I revoke access for System user?

Daniel Sikorski June 29, 2018

I trying to remove `Link Preview APP` user from my Stride, but when I trying to revoke permission I see this message. Can someone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

I would like to get a better understanding of the issue that you are facing here:

Let me know how it goes for you. Thanks.

Daniel Sikorski July 2, 2018
  • Plugin / Addon
  • Yes I trying remove / revoke this user on /admin/apps page.
  • For other plugins, It happen as well.
  • I can't see nothing to help resolve my problem.

When I click revoke, I see below message:

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

Thanks for the confirmation. I had a discussion with a Cloud engineer to understand the issue better. In short, the system user is created when you install the add-on so that the add-on may act as that user within your Atlassian Cloud instance as mentioned in the Why are system users created while i add some plugins? Are they harmful for my Atlassian environment? Is my project open to them?

In this case, you are unable to revoke the permission of the add-on even if you are the system admin. For example, I run into the same error when I try to revoke the access of JIRA Service Desk Widget:

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 10.20.05.png

If there is a need to perform this, you will need to uninstall the add / plugin from the web interface. Can we please confirm if you are able to do so from the /plugins/servlet/upm?source=side_nav_manage_addons page?

Daniel Sikorski July 3, 2018
  •  /plugins/servlet/upm?source=side_nav_manage_addons - redirects me to /admin/users
  • how can I add `system admin` permission to my account

I am a member of all groups.

And here is `Link Preview` user view.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

Thanks for the confirmation. I suspect that removal of the add-on / user can only be done by the Cloud team respectively. I would like to help out by creating a ticket on your behalf on the support portal but I am not sure which email address you are using. Would you be able to reach out to them through https://getsupport.atlassian.com for further assistance? 

Daniel Sikorski July 4, 2018

Yes, I able to reach out for URL you provide. I use the same address email like registered on Atlassian Community. Can you create a ticket on my behalf on the support portal to resolve this issue? Thank you.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

Can you share with me the email address that you are using as I was unable to find it through your Atlassian Community profile as well as your Cloud URL? I will then help to create a support ticket on your behalf.

If you prefer not to share these information to public, may I suggest you to create the ticket directly? Thanks.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2018

Hi again, Daniel.

I was able to get in touch with the Community team and got your email address from then. I have created the support ticket on your behalf to the support team. Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events