Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete files in the role as administrator?

dafqs June 30, 2018

I am looking for a file management tool as part of Stride. I think in the role of admin, that could be useful.
Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2018

Hey, Vorinstanz.

By default, every user has the ability to delete their own uploaded files as mentioned in the How do you delete an uploaded file? though we have a bug open for files that were not removed from the sidebar as mentioned by Nagila. Since you mentioned about file management tool, it is not a feature that is available for now. 

You mentioned that you would like to have a feature available for Administrator to delete files in Stride. May I know what is the use case / context for this? For security and privacy purposes, we only limit file deletion to be done only by the specific user who performs the upload process, not other users. It will be good to understand the business requirement that you have on your end.

dafqs July 2, 2018

Hey Ahmd,

Thank you for the differentiated answer. I was just worried about the limited space, only a theoretical question. I can keep working with your notices.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2018

Hello, Vorinstanz.

You are most welcome. For auditing purposes, it will be a good idea to have some sort of feature / logging available for administrators to track actions of uploading / deleting attachments on Stride. A quick research shows that we have this Suggestion created:

May I know if that addresses the question that you have?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events