It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hipchat Admin Features Lost in Stride Migration!

As the owner/admin for our hipchat account, I was shocked to see that after our migration today, I no longer have the ability to manage rooms and users! All employees are now able to see all rooms ever made, including archived rooms and can even unarchive them themselves! Where is the ability to manage and administer my company account by restricting who gets to see what?

Also, it seems all users are now given the ability to create their own rooms and I have no way of preventing this in Stride!

And lastly, what's with the new group feature? I can create a new group and assign users to groups, but there's no way to assign specific user permissions to groups? Then what's the point of having groups?

Seriously considering switching to Slack after this migration. Someone please tell me I'm just missing something to be able to administer users and rooms more.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi David, 

I would recommend reaching out to our Support team.

You can contact them here - https://support.atlassian.com/stride/

Thank you!

Never mind. 4 days with no response from anyone in support. So we switched to using Slack instead. It has SO many more admin features and allows maximum control of the group environment. Pity though... I was really looking forward to Stride originally. Sorry Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,411,507 views 25 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you