It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

HOW DO YOU TURN ON THE SOUND NOTIFICATIONS FOR STRIDE??

HOW DO YOU TURN ON THE SOUND NOTIFICATIONS FOR STRIDE?

6 answers

We used Hipchat for daily workflow and notifications of appointments. When we made the change back in January, we figured it would be a few days or so to get sound notifications up and running..... at this point we find it pointless to use. Where are you all at with restoring sound? 

0 votes

Hi there!

Click on the gear in the lower left corner and then click on the 'notifications' tab. 

You should see the option to turn on sound for notifications. 

If you still aren't hearing notifications for a room, your notification settings for that room might not be adjusted to send you a notification for every message. 

Click on the bell icon in the upper right corner of the room you want to change, and chose the settings that work best for you!

My sound is on in notifications tab & Room notifications are set to all messages..still no sound. Any other suggestions??

Same problem here, no sound.

I'm having the same issue on my up-to-date Mac install of Stride. Whereas HipChat played sound alerts, Stride doesn't. My volume is up, and my settings say it should play audio notifications.

Yeah all of us too..Team is missing messages due to no sound making productivity down. 

I just tried the Stride meetings for the first time. A team member initiated a call to me and there was no sound, no alert, nothing. Stride is mute.

0 votes

From a Chrome tab, I want to be able to run OFF the notification sound. I see the gear icon in the bottom left, but only have one choice inside that for Send Push Notifications

I am not getting any notifications and the red dot doesn't appear to count new chats coming in. I've tried updating all the notification tabs. Nothing.

0 votes

Hi all, 

We are currently investigating the reason sound notifications aren't working. The bug ticket can be tracked through https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-1989. 

Thank you!

Hello, None of my notifications are working, not just sound.

Also, we're all on Macs.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, 

To further investigate the issue I would recommend reaching out to our Support team.

You can contact them here - https://support.atlassian.com/stride/

For me I see the red dot notifications, just without any corresponding sound, even with "Play a Sound" in settings checked. There was also no sound for a Stride meeting invitation (should there be?).

We are on Windows 10 and we are not receiving any notifications as well!  All Notifications are checked.

Is there any update to this issue?  We are evaluating Stride and also get no notification sounds on Windows 10.  All Notifications are checked.

Following this thread. Same issue on my end as well. 

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

1,757,865 views 25 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you