Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding Stride Chat Room in Webpage

Louis Baumann January 16, 2018

Is it possible to embed a Stride chat room in a webpage for read only access?

3 answers

0 votes
Najimo May 5, 2020

Are there any updates to this with regards to read-access chat room? I'm trying to set-up so that users can log in however they cannot send messages to individuals or to rooms but they can read the past message history.

Or are there any other chat widgets that could do that?

0 votes
Derek Leichty March 27, 2018

We would love to do something like this!

You mentioned a use case; one of the first ones we would implement this for would be embedding a channel chat related to proposed changes in our documentation system.

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Louis,

I don't think that we have that capability, but I'll check.

Out of curiosity, what's the use case for something like this? It's a cool idea, and I'd like to pass it along to our Product team. 

Louis Baumann January 17, 2018

I'd like to have a room embedded on our employee ticketing portal that we could post to so they could be appraised of system wide outages/events and know what's going on minute by minute.  I just thought Stride would be an easy way to do implement this.

Thanks for checking.

Patryk Padus January 19, 2018

I think that can be that case but more over it can help to connect with customer. 
For example: add widget in panel and when clicked, It can speak with us to resolve problem. It can coexist with service desk solution because in chat there will be possibility to create ticket. Even more. That ticket will be better when created with customer. 

More over: widget on site and when somebody click on button it create new chat room where I can speak witch guest. Something like tawk.to.

Integration will provide additional profits for this option too.

idioty February 13, 2018

I'm thinking today on this feature but it can be resolve with custom Stride webhook. So you can create a webpage to create a new message and with webhook you can upload this message to a Stride room.

Patryk Padus February 20, 2018

Yes, but permission layer don't have something like this for guest access. We even don't know what API restrictions are. Think of native support. As you know, It can be done by tunneling with some background process but is additional 'man in middle' and It slow down network.

What we think is JAM stack with give 1 to 1 chat with all necessary restriction (no access to all rooms, only one with read/write permission)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events