Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Stride client not resource hungry like Slack?

Roy Evangelista September 7, 2017

Slack client uses much resources like memory and hurts battery. I hope Stride is more efficient and optimized with regards to resource consumption.

3 answers

2 votes
Bilal Ahmed April 22, 2018

Stride is consuming big ram, it is consumes ram more then google chrome, please give head to development of desktop app and clear the bugs

1 vote
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

Hi Roy,

The pre-release desktop client is currently running in Electron (for details on why electron apps are bad, see here).

That being said, it currently is consuming only 1/3 of the RAM and 1/2 of the CPU that Slack is on my machine. Let's hope that those numbers stay low as the program is released more widely!

0 votes
Josh April 17, 2018

Hey @Roy Evangelista,

Figured I'd give an update, we're using Stride at work and, unfortunately, it does use a lot of memory. I can't speak to how it compares to Slack, but it regularly uses 0.3-0.5GB of RAM for me. I've tried using the web app, but that ends up using a similar amount of energy for the one tab on Chrome.

Kinda disappointing because it's using a similar amount as Spotify and Visual Studio, but it's a nice app so it's worth dealing with it most of the time.

Best,

Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events