Does stride support an ad hoc conversation?

Scott September 17, 2017

Stride looks great!!! Just wondering, will there be support for ad-hoc conversations without the need to create a room?

I've found this to be one of the biggest limitations of HipChat, in that you need to go through the process of creating a room (and then later on, archiving it) for a quick private/side conversation with a couple of people.

Ideally I'd want to just make a new conversation with someone and then just add people to it as I please.

2 answers

1 vote
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi All,

It sounds like you're talking about group direct messaging. In other words, the ability to message multiple people without creating a formal room. The answer is yes, this feature is on the way! Keep an eye on our blog for updates.

Scott October 12, 2017

Amazing, thank-you @lauren! Can you please contact me about early access to stride? and when available, this group DM feature? We're really struggling with HipChat at the moment 😢

lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

I totally understand! You've signed up for the early access program, right?

Scott October 12, 2017

Yep, I've signed up @lauren, just waiting by the mailbox for my invite! 😬

Craig Eastman January 23, 2018

I've been using Stride for a few weeks and it doesn't seem to have the ability to message multiple people without creating a new room or going to an existing room. This is disappointing.  This puts Stride behind on feature sets right from the starting gate.

Craig Eastman January 23, 2018

@lauren - do you think I could get an update on the ability to message multiple people in Stride, without having to create a new room or use an existing room?

Additionally we have folks asking for threaded messages in Group rooms.  (think Slack).

These are important features that Hipchat is lacking.

Thanks.

0 votes
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2017

Hi Scott,

You can click the + in global navigation mention then select someone to have a chat with. More details here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-stride/chat-with-a-teammate-937168104.html.

Hope this helps and was what you were looking for.

Danny

Scott September 17, 2017

Thanks Danny, but I was wondering can you then add another team member into that conversation? It looks like it may just be a one-on-one conversation.

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2017

Ah ok - thanks for clarifying. I think at that point you would need to create a room but will try to confirm that and get back to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events