Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Stride bill per active user or ....

jason swan September 7, 2017

Slack bills per active user - will Stride use a similar model or do you have to pay for everyone who is in the organization who might use it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hey Jason! 

For now, Stride will have two tiers: Free and Standard. Standard will be $3/user/month, which will be for everyone in the organization and not per active user.

Grant Swaim September 7, 2017

I host a spcialty group on HipChat now. Access is by initation from the admin, As I understand it, if I go Pro with HipChat I would be charged for the number of registered users.

Would Stride be the same? The users are not part of an organization. They would be sent invites from the admin. If I went Pro I would pay the fee for all users. Would I be billed for the number of users on the site (in a given month) X $3 ?

Thanks. 

jason swan September 18, 2017

Academic discounts?  Given that my organization qualifies for Slack's non-profit program, Stride makes no sense for us even with academic discounts anyway - $18,000 yearly for 500 member company for stride, perhaps $9,000 with academic discount vs. free up to 250 active users and  $1 per month for each active user above 250 with Slack. 

If Stride priced per active user and had academic discount it might begin to make sense for us but even then would be a hard sell.  As currently constituted it makes no sense at all and if Slack was not an option we would not be using anything at all.

lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

Hey Jason! 

Yes! We will offer academic discounts for Stride, details will be released once it's available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events