It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does Stride allow sign-in to multiple organizations?

Wondering if Stride allows a user to access multiple organizations à la Slack, that would be really useful for adding external consultants etc. to the conversation. Equivalent Slack functionality: https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/201405046-Sign-in-to-multiple-workspaces Thanks!

5 answers

8 votes

Hi Benjamin! 

Great question - we've definitely thought about it! We don't have an exact timeline or roadmap for you but stay tuned for updates.

Any update on this? At the point I am using a 3rd party application to access both web interfaces on Hipchat (to keep the communication in 1 app). I updated one of my teams to Stride but cannot see anywhere to login to another account or anything like that.

Currently I do not see a way. Because I work for multiple companies and have multiple emails, I think I will need to logout and log back in for each account i work with.

This would be a very useful feature +1

I agree, this is almost a "must". I would be happy if the desktop application allowed you to open a second instance and login again too.

Hi Kesha (why can't I @mention you in my reply??) 

I currently have three Atlassian IDs for various purposes/uses all legit and one is actually for the Community Champion program.

It is imperative for me to have multi-account access in the Stride IOS app or I will be forced to drastically reduce the number of hours, answers, comments that I make here on the Community site.  Same goes for AUG Leader site so in this scenario, Atlassian loses on two counts.  Employer demands have to take priority cause they pay the bills.

This is very crucial, and Slack has had it for a while now. Any update on this?

5 votes

Stride works a little differently from Slack; user accounts are Atlassian accounts and not limited to a single organisation/site. This means that not only can a user access multiple organisations/sites, but they can do it with a single account/set of credentials (unlike Slack, which requires a separate one for each team).

Sounds promising! So will users be able to view messaging from multiple organisations from a single instance of the Stride client?

Yes, this is supported.

hi Jonathan. will i be able to access more than one team with the same email? on hipchat now you can assoisate only one team with one email? is this schanging? i know a lot of people moved to slack bc of this bc they were invaited to different teams and needed to maintain multiple hipchat accounts.

Thanks and congratulation on Stride. cant wait to wolr with it.

Yes you will be able to access multiple orgs with a single account (and hence single email address).

In HipChat, accounts are global, yet can only access a single org.

In Slack, accounts are per-org, hence you need an account-per-org (but can then access multiple orgs with multiple accounts signed-in).

In Stride, accounts are global, and can access multiple orgs with the single account. (I believe you can also have multiple accounts signed-in if you like.)

"I believe you can also have multiple accounts signed-in if you like."

Sounds Great!  How does one switch between these simultaneously logged-in orgs? Will there be a separate icon on the far-left nav-panel for each org?

What if I'm in let's say I were invited from 10 customers into their channels and all channels have the same name. How could I manage this when there's no "team switching" or "team grouping" functionality?

@flowdee There will be switching. If we were to allow aggregation as you suggest, conversations (channels) would need to be disambiguated by site too. This is a pattern already in use by other Atlassian products.

I'm trying to find another person who has there own team setup on Atlassian to test this exact functionality where we each own our own teams but want to be able to see and interact in rooms the other has setup.  If I read this message board correctly it sounds like we should have no problem?

I have 2 problems here. I'm consultant with 2 customers on stride. In the "web" stride I can switch customer whether I want, but when I'm on one customer, I do not receive the notification of the other customer.
and ... in the "Windows app" stride I do not have the same switch button as in the web interface.

Is it possible to tell us if mobile clients will get switching in 2018?  I have a customer I would like to get on stride but this is a major issue in my supporting them.  Right now logging in and out on the IOS client is too big of a headache.  Thanks so much for your work on this.

+1

Please, please, please implement this. Not having this feature of having multiple accounts, prevent your loyal users from recommending Atlassian Cloud apps for clients, as they can't easily switch between their client related accounts for JIRA, Confluence, Stride etc.

It sort of will work for me - an Atlassian account I use gives me access to many clients.  But I have another Atlassian account for another set of people.

So I also need this.  The Stride client/webui needs to support me logging into more than one Atlassian account at a time.  Hipchat on Mac allows it, but it's not using Atlassian accounts.

Hello Jonathan (why can't I @mention you in my reply??) 

I currently have three Atlassian IDs for various purposes/uses all legit and one is actually for the Community Champion program.

It is imperative for me to have multi-account access in the Stride IOS app or I will be forced to drastically reduce the number of hours, answers, comments that I make here on the community site.  My AUG Leader/member account will also suffer the same fate.  Employer demands have to take priority cause they pay the bills so not having a way to access multiple accounts means Atlassian loses on two counts in this case.

I have the same issue as Larry. Because of how Atlassian switched from the old to their new myatlassian account, everyone at my company is stuck with two separate Atlassian accounts under two different emails. We'd love to merge them but that's a different issue.

There doesn't appear for us to be a way to use Stride for both organizations. We'd have to merge everything under one organization for Stride which is okay internally, but confusing to customers. Support for multiple accounts would be very helpful.

1 vote

I've just stumbled on something that might be worth a try:  https://meetfranz.com/

It's not ideal.

• Rather than have a consistent UI for each message, it just wraps around the web-ui for each tool.  So you still have vastly different interfaces (and frankly, that's what I really want from messenging tools - one UI that works for everything)
  • It logs me out of stuff too quickly, and on every restart (as does a browser to be honest)

But it does let me

• Have one "chat" program
  • Have multiple Stride accounts
  • And Hipchat, Slack, Steam, ICQ, Skype, and and and.  Heck, it can even pull in Trello.  It's almost anything with notifications.
  • Work on several OSs

According to a recent tweet from @AtlassianStride, it is now possible. Though it seems to be limited at the moment to requiring that you use the same email address for all the teams. 

https://twitter.com/AtlassianStride/status/988461390003290112

It's not what people are asking for here.

My Adaptavist Atlassian account lets me into several Cloud systems for different clients. 

My non-Adaptavist account lets me into other places.

The need here is to have Stride logged into both of those accounts at the same time.  It does not do that (unlike some of the Hipchat clients that do)

Actually, it is. Maybe you did not read my message (or the tweet) well enough. 

Nope, you have misunderstood what I've said.

Please have a re-read of the message in your tweeted picture from the Stride team, which explicitly says this is NOT possible (yet)

Please re-read the part of my post that clearly says: "Though it seems to be limited at the moment to requiring that you use the same email address for all the teams."

I think you're the one who needs to re-read it, alongside what I said already:

My Adaptavist Atlassian account lets me into several Cloud systems for different clients. 

My non-Adaptavist account lets me into other places.

The need here is to have Stride logged into both of those accounts at the same time. 

@Mike Dougherty (‫מייק‬‎) - I must agree with Nic.  I have three valid and required Atlassian accounts (tied to three different email addresses).  One for AUG leaders, one for Community Champions, and one for my employer.  I need to access Stride using all three of these valid and required accounts simultaneously and this is the subject of this discussion.  From your quote "requiring that you use the same email address for all the teams"  is exactly the problem and not any part of a solution.

I believe we can conclude this off-topic thread and refocus on the reported issue which is becoming very problematic for me.  My status as a Community Champion is becoming jeopardized as my time and participation on the site dwindles.

Multiple account sign in is a must have feature for me. Allowing access to mulitple orgs through one e-mail address (single Atlassian account) is not a viable solution for me as I have two separate business entities, with separate e-mail addresses, that need to be managed in isolation. I can't have one business account with access to the other. Please add support for multiple account sign-in to the Stride app.

Yes, please. Same situation here.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

1,716,548 views 25 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you