Disable or change Auto Away

Darby Jones July 9, 2018

Can the auto away be configured or disabled? I've heard the default is 5 minutes of idle time but I tested that today and it went from available to away at the 4 minute mark. I'm running version 1.21.98. It's very inconvenient when people think I'm away from my desk when I'm reading or writing something that takes more than 4 minutes and doesn't involved my laptop. 

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

Hi there, Darby.

I have provided the explanation in the Auto Away question. Unlike HipChat, Stride does not have the feature to configure the Idle period just yet. So, we are keeping track of the suggestion in the public issue tracker for now. 

Please ensure that you add yourself as a watcher to the ticket for updates from the development team. I have included your question here as an internal reference, so we can revisit this question if needed to answer any other concerns that you may have once the feature gets implemented in the future. Hope that helps.

Darby Jones July 10, 2018

Thank you! Is there an ETA or still in the stage of deciding if the change will be available?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi, Darby.

You are most welcome. As of now, I can't say for sure if this is on the implementation timeline any time soon since it is in the To Be Reviewed status. So, I would say it is still in the stage of decision by the development team. For more information, please check out the official New Feature implementation policy.

If you have any additional questions, I will be happy to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events