It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating Multiple Rooms With Same Format Edited

I would like to create over 150 different chat room all with different names but the same formatting. Is there a way to do this in Stride? I will be linking each chat room with a project from JIRA. For example, JIRA projects are Apple, Banana, and Cherry. I want to have Apple chat room, Banana chat room, and Cherry chat room. I want all JIRA actions from Apple project to get displayed in Apple chat room, and so on for Banana and Cherry. I want to add users to all the chat rooms, but other users may come along later, and I don't want to manually change the settings and permissions on all chat rooms individually. Seems like a waste of time. 

Is there a good way to create large numbers of chat rooms and to configure settings in bulk for chat rooms, the same way you would make bulk changes in JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Josh, 

At this moment, it isn't possible to create multiple rooms automatically or create them automatically based off Jira projects. 

We do have a feature request opened for it and it is already in progress :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,831 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you