Creating Multiple Rooms With Same Format

Josh Grant May 29, 2018

I would like to create over 150 different chat room all with different names but the same formatting. Is there a way to do this in Stride? I will be linking each chat room with a project from JIRA. For example, JIRA projects are Apple, Banana, and Cherry. I want to have Apple chat room, Banana chat room, and Cherry chat room. I want all JIRA actions from Apple project to get displayed in Apple chat room, and so on for Banana and Cherry. I want to add users to all the chat rooms, but other users may come along later, and I don't want to manually change the settings and permissions on all chat rooms individually. Seems like a waste of time. 

Is there a good way to create large numbers of chat rooms and to configure settings in bulk for chat rooms, the same way you would make bulk changes in JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

Hi Josh, 

At this moment, it isn't possible to create multiple rooms automatically or create them automatically based off Jira projects. 

We do have a feature request opened for it and it is already in progress :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events