Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a taskItem to be 'DONE' via REST

Torben Hartmann August 23, 2018

I'm building a bridge between Stride and Jira (for the short time it is still available) where for each task, an issue is created inside Jira. The creations works great and now I want to change the Stride task to be done, when the issue is done inside Jira.

I couldn't find the right rest call for this. Do I have to make an "Edit a message in a conversation" call and provide the whole message (does this even work, when the bot is not the creator of the issue?)?

Thanks for any help,

Torben

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2018

Hi there, Torben.

Can you share a little bit more on how you created the issue on JIRA when a task is created in Stride? Are you referring to the action / decision feature on Stride? Any information on this will be helpful to help me understand it better.

I took a look at the Edit a message in a conversation API you are referring to. Since it did not mention specifically if the call needs to verify if the bot is the creator of the issue, this could work since required parameters only involve:

• cloudId
  • conversationId
  • messageId

Nevertheless, have you tried to see if it works or did you run into any error / issues along the way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events