Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view attachments in separate window after clicking on attachment in Stride.

K.E.Charles June 20, 2018

When someone attaches a document or image in their communication and you want to view that attachment at a larger scale then normally one clicks on the attachment and it opens a new window for viewing the attachment at a larger scale but all that happens is the little wheel keeps going round and round for ever and never opens the attachment. Used to work fine but now doesn't.

2 answers

0 votes
K.E.Charles June 22, 2018

I responded to your email on this problem. Awaiting your response to that.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

Hi there.

Allow me to clarify further on the issue that you are facing here with the opening up attachments on Stride:

• Do you experience this issue on the desktop / web / mobile client?
  • Can you confirm what attachment format that you are opening when you run into this issue? Is it specific to certain types or it applies to any kind of attachments in general?
  • Does it happen in specific private / public rooms / 1-1 conversations / all of them in general?
  • Did you try to reproduce the issue in new rooms as well?
  • Is the file size big? You should be able to view this information when hovering your mouse on the attachment in the chat history section.
  • Did you try to leave the conversation and re-entering the room / 1-1 conversation to see if the same issue persists?

That should give us some idea on the current status of this issue. Thanks.

K.E.Charles June 23, 2018
  • Do you experience this issue on the desktop / web / mobile client?(Desktop/Laptop)
  • Can you confirm what attachment format that you are opening when you run into this issue? Is it specific to certain types or it applies to any kind of attachments in general? All attachments.
  • Does it happen in specific private / public rooms / 1-1 conversations / all of them in general? All
  • Did you try to reproduce the issue in new rooms as well? No
  • Is the file size big? You should be able to view this information when hovering your mouse on the attachment in the chat history section. Biggest size about 450kb. But generally much smaller.
  • Did you try to leave the conversation and re-entering the room / 1-1 conversation to see if the same issue persists?  Problem only occurs in Google Chrome. Ok in Edge and Android phone. Haven't tried any other browsers. 

Problem still exists today.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2018

Hello there.

We have some good points here to understand the issue better:

• It happens on the web client (Google chrome only)
  • It is happening to all existing rooms and 1-1 conversation on all kinds of attachments

Moving forward:

• Can you create a new room, upload an attachment, and try to open it from the affected browser?
  • When you mentioned desktop / laptop , did you try out the desktop client and verify if it is also occurring there?
  • What OS are you running Stride on and what version of Google Chrome are you using so we can try to reproduce the problem on our end too?

I have tried to reproduce the issue on Mac OS 10.13.5 for Google Chrome 67.0.3396.87 and the attachments are working just fine.

K.E.Charles June 25, 2018
  • Can you create a new room, upload an attachment, and try to open it from the affected browser? Have tried that and same problem.
  • When you mentioned desktop / laptop , did you try out the desktop client and verify if it is also occurring there? No have not tried desktop.
  • What OS are you running Stride on and what version of Google Chrome are you using so we can try to reproduce the problem on our end too? Windows 10 and Google Chrome 67.0.3396.87

I have tried to reproduce the issue on Mac OS 10.13.5 for Google Chrome 67.0.3396.87 and the attachments are working just fine.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2018

Hi there.

I have tried to reproduce the same issue on the same environment but I was still able to access the attachments after clicking it. 

Before reaching out Stride support team, can you check on the following?

• Generate and analyze the HAR file according to the Generating HAR files and analyzing web requests documentation to understand what the browser is doing when you click on the attachment
  • Confirm if the problem exists on the desktop client as well
  • Reproduce the issue on Incognito mode
  • Check if the network you are connected to blocks any specific web requests which prevents the attachments from being displayed 

Thank you.

K.E.Charles June 26, 2018

I see this error in the Console after running the test.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

Does this help at all? Which server would it be referring to?

K.E.Charles June 26, 2018

The attachments open if I use incognito browser in Google Chrome. Does that help to identify the problem.?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2018

Hello there.

Yes, the Incognito mode does help to identify what the problem might potentially be. As you know, Incognito Mode allows you to:

• Opt out from saving your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms.
  • keep the files you download and bookmarks you created
  • keep your activity visible from websites you visit, your employer or school, or your ISP

What I can think of now is that there might possibly be an extension / configuration setting (possibly proxy - Getting Error code 403: Access denied, forbidden on Google Chrome ?) / cookies, cache, & site data on the standard Chrome that is blocking the attachment from loading correctly. Perhaps we can start looking from there to drill down to the actual root cause to the issue.

K.E.Charles June 27, 2018

I seem to have resolved the problem. I kept clearing the cache in Network and Console in Developer tools and after that the attachments started to open in Standard Google Chrome.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2018

Hi there.

Awesome! So, we can confirm that the possible cause shared earlier was indeed the culprit. Can you share screen shot(s) / specific steps on the solution so other users would be able to benefit from this too?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events