It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can any participant change the privacy setting of a room?

I created a room in Stride, set it as "private" and added a team member. The team member was able to change the room to public. Is this the expected behavior, and is it possible to make it so that the room settings are restricted to the creator or to the admins?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook Community Leader Apr 09, 2018

Hi Luca,

This is currently expected functionality in Stride. I'm not aware of any administration settings that will allow you to prevent a user from changing the room to public. 

I think this is a fantastic idea though, and I recommend contacting the stride team with this suggestion. I was not able to find this in the current Stride suggestion area, but you are welcome to review and upvote any issue you find that matches:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-95?jql=project%20%3D%20STRIDE%20AND%20text%20~%20private 

Thank you, Meg!

this is a very big failure on privacy...if i create a PRIVATE room nobody can be able to turn it in a public room..only the administrator should do it...PLEASE fix it ASAP..my organization is waiting for this privacy lack then will join stride...

when you fix it ?

0 votes
Meg Holbrook Community Leader Apr 13, 2018

Hey all,

I've created a suggestion in the Stride feedback area to address this concern. Please feel free to upvote and comment with your own business use cases. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-2246

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,411,721 views 25 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you