Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera is on by default when someone calls me - BAD!

Ian Gordon February 9, 2018

hi, I do not want may video camera to be on by default when someone calls me. This is a privacy issue, and you've got it all wrong. It's annoying enough that I have to turn the camera off before calling a colleague EVERY time as it always resets itself (please fix this nonsense) but I have literally no control over my ugly mug being displayed when people call me. I'm left scrambling for the mouse to go and click the button, by which time I'm embarrassed and not very happy. 

This is letting the whole thing down for me badly. Please RSVP. 

1 answer

1 vote
evanmichner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2018

Hi Ian -- Thank you for that feedback and for your patience here as we get this experience dialed in.

We've got a few issues that we are fixing right now around remembering your settings, and to give you more control over how you accept incoming calls like that.

So thank you, and we are working on those smaller fixes ASAP, and some larger work over the long term to give you a more useful and helpful experience there.

John Norton February 15, 2018

Please, please, please add the ability to completely disable the video camera in Stride on the Mac.  Remembering the fact that I've disabled video would be helpful for a specific meeting, but there should also be the ability to set a default for new meetings in the settings, and a way to simple turn it off entirely.

In addition to Ian's issues, there's the fact that the mic and camera mute buttons are side-by-side, and especially easy on the mini interface to click the wrong one when unmuting.  Just today we had someone accidentally unmute video instead of audio during a meeting.  It would be so much better if when video is turned off, there isn't even a button to unmute the video.

My personal fix right now is a piece of tape over my camera.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events