It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

We recently switched from Hipchat to Stride.  Hipchat would set you as Away automatically after 15 minutes (or whatever time you set).  Is there a parallel setting in Stride?

7 answers

5 votes

Hi Michael, 

By default, the Stride app should set your status to away or idle after 5 minutes of inactivity. 

Can you confirm the Stride app version you have installed and if you are using Windows, Mac or Linux? 

Thank you!

Hi,

Can it be disabled? I don't want to be automatically marked as away/idle. (Using the mac app 1.17.82)

Like Sergey Zarouski likes this

Exactly the same question, I don't want the 5 mins auto away, how do I disable this... It is for me enough reason to switch to another chat app

+1 for the Option to disable that - that would be an essential feature. 

Is there a way to disable the "auto away" feature?  Five minutes is too short of a time.  My team uses Stride as a way to communicate and I need to be able to send them a message and they get a pop up to signal for them to maximize stride and communicate.  But if they have been working on their daily tasks and have Stride behind the program they are working on, they are automatically put in an away status after 5 minutes so they don't get pop ups.  This makes Stride pretty much obsolete. 

Nagila - using Stride for Windows 1.15.47, it seems that it does go idle after 5 minutes, but when the machine locks, it then goes back to active and does not go to idle again.

Thanks, Mike

Hey, @Mike Hagesfeld. Thanks for reaching out. I think we've had a bug for that behavior, and will hopefully be able to resolve that soon (if not already). 

@Cameron Savage has this been resolved yet?  This is still happening today.  I am using Desktop Version 1.18.64.

@Michelle PritchettThis not being resolved pretty much made Stride useless for our team.  We moved over to SLACK and absolutely love it.

1 vote
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Jul 09, 2018

Hi, everyone.

We have the following Suggestion created to keep track of the request to have the ability of setting the idle time on Stride to avoid the status from changing automatically after the default 5 minutes of inactivity on the client:

We encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.

Feel free to share your thoughts and additional suggestions (if any) by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request. Hope that helps to clarify the behavior that you are seeing on Stride as of now.

I agree with the disabling of "auto away". For myself and my users, this tool sets us away literally while we are typing in it. It will set us away for no reason at all. The problem for us is, that we have a lot of remote workers in our team. The chat here/not here indicator is usually almost like a "did you see Joe come into the office today?" type thing. Its like our attendance. And many times people won't chat us because they think we are actually not there. When we are. 

So I either need to see this fixed so it functions more like hipchat's - and/or it can be disabled. Currently using:

StrideWeb Version 1.19.60Desktop Version 1.19.60

However it has been this way since we started using it. Its really one of the absolute worse parts of the tool and everyone complains about it constantly :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,411,725 views 25 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you