It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Are there retention policy settings in Stride?

I am trying out Stride and cannot seem to find the history retention settings like the ones in HipChat. Am I missing it? Or is this feature missing in Stride?

If it is a future feature, when will it be part of the product? And what retention time spans will be available? We are being asked to ensure that our settings conform to our corporate data retention policies so this feature is an important item for us.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Mark, 

It's not currently possible to manage retention settings in the Stride admin panel. But don't worry, we are working hard to make this option available soon. We also have a feature request opened for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-8

Thank you!

Thanks for the information Nagila.

Without retention settings available in Stride we cannot migrate off from HipChat. Having a data retention policy is critical for any company of significant size.

I completely agree with Mark.

We can not move without some options.

Sadly hipchat the longest is 30 days, would be really nice to have a 90 day or 360 days.

I'm actually kind of surprised that with GDPR that Atlassian hasn't made quicker work of this ticket. Makes me ask, what is your data retention policy Atlassian?

When my data is in the Atlassian cloud on Stride and the company that is paying for it to be there doesn't have any controls over it's erasure, doesn't that make Atlassian responsible? What happens if I ask for all my data to be erased from a Stride instance?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,863 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you