Are there retention policy settings in Stride?

Mark Maleitzke February 25, 2018

I am trying out Stride and cannot seem to find the history retention settings like the ones in HipChat. Am I missing it? Or is this feature missing in Stride?

If it is a future feature, when will it be part of the product? And what retention time spans will be available? We are being asked to ensure that our settings conform to our corporate data retention policies so this feature is an important item for us.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi Mark, 

It's not currently possible to manage retention settings in the Stride admin panel. But don't worry, we are working hard to make this option available soon. We also have a feature request opened for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-8

Thank you!

Mark Maleitzke March 1, 2018

Thanks for the information Nagila.

Without retention settings available in Stride we cannot migrate off from HipChat. Having a data retention policy is critical for any company of significant size.

Andrew Holz May 25, 2018

I completely agree with Mark.

We can not move without some options.

Sadly hipchat the longest is 30 days, would be really nice to have a 90 day or 360 days.

Mark Maleitzke May 25, 2018

I'm actually kind of surprised that with GDPR that Atlassian hasn't made quicker work of this ticket. Makes me ask, what is your data retention policy Atlassian?

When my data is in the Atlassian cloud on Stride and the company that is paying for it to be there doesn't have any controls over it's erasure, doesn't that make Atlassian responsible? What happens if I ask for all my data to be erased from a Stride instance?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events