Archiving all stride rooms

Deleted user October 18, 2018

We have just gone through the disruption of having to move our IM platform to slack after just moving to stride. We'd like to keep stride up in read-only mode for a few weeks in the transition period. Is there a way of easily archiving all rooms (either through the UI or REST API), other than going through all rooms and manually clicking "Archive". Additionally, is there any way of stopping new conversations and new room creation?

This was an option on the move from HipChat to stride, where HipChat was automatically placed into a "Read only " mode for us.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hi, Liam.

As you have known, the current functionality to archive rooms is only applicable room by room as mentioned in Archive rooms article. Stride does not have the ability via UI or REST to provide a single-click-archive-all for now as well.

Is there a way of easily archiving all rooms (either through the UI or REST API), other than going through all rooms and manually clicking "Archive".

Additionally, the feature to make rooms read only was brought up earlier, though it has not been looked on for a while:

Additionally, is there any way of stopping new conversations and new room creation?

Stopping room creation is not available yet as mentioned in the How to prevent Stride users from creating rooms or adding other users question.

I hope that helped to provide a clear explanation on the questions that you have here. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to dig deeper to assist you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events