It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Archiving Rooms in Stride Edited

It doesn't appear that the 'Archive' option is available for rooms in Stride. I referenced this article, but I do not seem to have the option in my Stride interface. Is this feature only accessible to admins?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Aug 02, 2018

Hi there, Gina.

While the article did not explain in detail the actual feature of archiving, allow me to provide you with more details on how to achieve this from the desktop and mobile client which can be performed by the room owner:

Desktop / web client

Navigate your cursor to the room title bar and you should be able to see this as an indicator. Click on the bar.

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 09.54.38.png

You will see the following pop up on the client. Click on the Archive this room button:

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 09.44.42.png

You will get the confirmation pop up to verify if you want to archive this room:

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 09.44.50.png

Once you clicked on the button, you will see the confirmation the left side of client:

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 09.44.59.png

iOS client

Tap on the  icon and you will see the following screen. Tap the edit room settings:

ios_2.PNG

You will then see the Archive option:

ios_3.PNG

You will be presented with the following screen to confirm on the archive process:

ios_4.PNG

Let me know how it goes on your end.

FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Aug 15, 2018

Epic explanation @AhmadDanial! :D

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Aug 15, 2018

Hi, Andy.

Thank you for the compliment. More than happy to help!

FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Aug 15, 2018

You're welcome! :D

Have a great day

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,417 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you