Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear about your experience on Stride!

Viewing page 2 of 2

38 comments

Ramiro Castro May 21, 2018

I'm wondering if this is the roadmap but is Atlassian really not looking at linking stride notifications to when an @User is mentioned in linked Atlassian Apps i.e. Stride, JIRA, Bitbucket. I've entered a ticket but I'm wondering how many others in the community would use this?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-2387

Using e-mail notifications seems a little archaic and there are so many built in bots that could interact i.e. JIRA create subtask based on JIRA parent task ect.

Jessie May 31, 2018

Hey @Ramiro Castro - appreciate your feedback! We have apps for all Atlassian Cloud products (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Bitbucket, Confluence, Statuspage). We also have a new app for Jira Server, which you can install here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218852/jira-server-notifications-for-stride?hosting=server&tab=overview 

Hope that helps!

Jessica

Ramiro Castro June 1, 2018

@Jessie The problem is when a user is @mentioned. I want to be able to send a stride notification if a customer is @mentioned in aticket. I'm aware of those add-ons. 

Jessie June 14, 2018

Hey again! We have a new app made by our partners at Nextup that is super sweet. Check it out here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219096/integration-for-jira-and-stride?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

@Jessie, this app looks AMAZING. Will be installing and testing out today. 

Chris H (OG) May 22, 2018

Looking forward to Stride having a Bitbucket Server integration and "Dark Theme".
Until then sticking to Hipchat...

If Hipchat is decommissioned before Stride can provide at least the same integrations or better, my entire company will be forced to move to a competitor that offers everything we need that rhymes with "Smack".

Balls in your court Atlassian.

Artur Stępień May 23, 2018

That doesn't surprise me. Stride feels more like Alpha or Pre-Beta and I don't see that anyone is trying to improve that state. That's why we where forced to move into the competitor. Waiting months till Attlasian finally sees the issue is not an option for working projects.

Zsolt Turi May 24, 2018

Is there a possibility to share my camera and screen in a video conversation at the same time? It would be great if it is possible.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Stride-questions/Why-my-camera-does-not-work-when-sharing-screen/qaq-p/804132#M2219

Jessie June 14, 2018

At this time, that's not possible. But I'll submit your feedback to my team - thank you!

Josh Waite May 24, 2018

Any idea on when the video call connectivity issues will be resolved? I see other threads on the issues without any responses. 

Miles May 24, 2018

Same - trying to keep my team from revolting due to the video quality. We all have good internet connections, but continue to have horrible Stride video calls..

Jessie May 31, 2018

Hey y'all - thanks for reaching out! So sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. That it not the intended behavior so we'd love to learn more about your issues and try to diagnose and fix them. Would you mind creating a support ticket so they can investigate? https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

So much ❤️

Jess

Josh Waite June 1, 2018

Hey Jessica,

It looks like that link brings me to a blank page.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.55.47 AM.png

Jessie June 1, 2018

So sorry about that! There looks to be some bug here (I reported it). If you copy and paste this link into a new tab (rather than clicking on it), it should work: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Hakim Almady May 31, 2018

Very nice and interesting

Jessie June 14, 2018

Thanks @Hakim Almady! We're so happy to have you on Stride :)

Heidi Reichert June 11, 2018

Not sure if this is intentional, but when a team member copies and pastes from a Word document into Stride, it makes it an image file. Team members are submitting newsletter items into one of our rooms and cannot use Word to type it up first. Not a big deal, but kinda strange. We can copy & paste into Stride from other places, however. See below.

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 8.29.29 PM.png

Jessie June 14, 2018

Hey @Heidi Reichert - that is so odd! I just tried it myself and it did the same thing. I've already told my team about it. We'll get this fixed up ASAP. So appreciate you letting us know!

Harry Hyok Kim June 25, 2018

We are using STRIDE as the next generation team-messenger. STRIDE has a lightweight, intuitive interface.

However, I've been contacted STRIDE SUPPORT two times because of an account bug in my team. They were a very important issue. But we had to wait a week for a solution.

1. We have developed a bot for JIRA SERVER and Google Calendar. (Notification)
2. The administrator function should be reinforced. I want to check the message history, storage condition and ..
3. When I type Hangul(=Korean) in STRIDE, I need to press enter key twice. This is a very serious problem in my country.

typing.gif

Thanks!

Kirk Mower July 1, 2018

We are keen to move to Stride and away from MS Teams. I have one issue: I can log into my account from IE on my work machine, but not via Chrome. I log in via Chrome with no problem on my personal box. Very strange. For a while I thought Stride just wasn't working at all because all my attempts to set up from Chrome (default) at work failed. I left it a couple of weeks and then tried on personal laptop. No problems. I then thought I would try IE (Edge) on my work machine, and it works too. Chrome {latest} (where I am writing this comment now) keeps bailing and telling me to enable cookies, which are of course enabled. Odd.

Any ideas? I would like to start sending out Stride to other Team members, but we are a Chrome shop in the main. Thanks.

Jessie July 2, 2018

Hey there @Kirk Mower! Thanks for reaching out. This sounds like an issue with 3rd-party cookies. Could you make sure that your settings look like the image below? The setting is framed as “Block 3rd-party cookies” so it will need to be off/disabled.Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.03 PM.pngPlease let me know if that works! Thank you!

dafqs July 2, 2018

We are a small community and are happy about Stride. For exemple positive is the coherent design. With the Android version I miss the easy-access decision option and the possibility to quote. I think Stride is on the right track overall.

Jessie July 2, 2018

@dafqs Thanks for the feedback and so glad to hear you're enjoying Stride!

Jan July 5, 2018

In the Jira Board for Stride there are a lot of important tickets (most of them are about more controls for admins).

But since month every new release is just "fixing" some design bugs.

It feels like there is just one Frontend-Developer working on Stride.

After keeping an eye on Stride for a year now it is DOA for us.

Chris H (OG) July 5, 2018

Agreed.
If Atlassian cant dedicate more than a couple of dev team members then we are out also.
Today our company is having a meeting to decide which messenger to switch to from Hipchat.

Stride isn't even on the suggestion list.

Jan July 6, 2018

Can I ask what is on the list?

We maybe go to Rocket.Chat or Mattermost

Jessie July 6, 2018

Hey y'all! Thanks so much for giving your feedback. It really helps our team prioritize tasks. We have a ton of new things we are building and are on the roadmap. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously and are working on the issues you described above.

I understand if Stride doesn't fit your needs at the moment, but I encourage you to check back in with us in a few months. We have a lot of things in development that I think will make the experience better for your teams.

No matter where you go, we're super thankful that you gave Stride a try and shared your feedback! It's invaluable to us. 

So much love,
Jessica

Miles July 6, 2018

Please keep video call quality at the top of the list ... my team experiences multiple situations of video loss for apparent "bandwidth" issues during every single call. We all have extremely fast connections. It's pretty distracting to continually hear the dinging tone with people dropping in and out just to reset themselves to work around the call quality.

Aaron Hill July 5, 2018

Our team of about 25 people is trialing Stride for a collaboration project. So far its been nice, but one major road block is that polls are not working on mobile platforms. They work fine on the PC/MAC application and the browser app, but not on android/iOS. We can see the poll in the chat but it is not accessible. This one problem is deterring us away and making us look for something else.

Aaron Hill July 6, 2018

I just learned that Polly (the app that creates polls in stride) is a 3rd party add-on. I have sent a request for help to the Polly team regarding the broken Polly functionality on mobile OS platforms when using the stride mobile app.

Jessie July 11, 2018

Hey @Aaron Hill - sorry for the issues here. Unfortunately that functionality does not yet exist on our mobile apps, but it is something we have on our roadmap. We definitely know how important this feature is to our users and are doing our best to get it to you.

Thanks!

Samy Attar July 11, 2018

Hi there,
are there plans to change the naming of meeting links? The names are funny, but if you send a meeting to someone external something like FunnyPenguinsParticipateExactly or HumbleOrangutanAnswersExactly in a link sounds very shady.

Regards,
Samy

Jessie July 11, 2018

Hey there @Samy Attar - thanks for reaching out. We do have plans in the works that will help solve this issue. Soon you will have your own personal meeting link with your name in it. For the time being, you can create your own meeting links here: https://stride.video/ 

Thanks!

Samy Attar July 11, 2018

Hi Jessica, thanks a lot for your help! This is for the time being a nice workaround I didn't know about :)

Jessie July 11, 2018

You got it!

brett July 11, 2018

I notice that push notifications to android oreo do not work for my team when the pc app is also open at the same time. Maybe there should be some more options, such as the ability to set a short inactive time, so when i'm afk but the pc app is still open, I will get push notifications on my mobile.

Jessie July 11, 2018

Hey @brett - That's correct - you should not get push notifications on your mobile device if you are currently using the app on your computer. However, if you are idle for 3 minutes (not interacting with the app), your status should automatically get set to "Away," which would then mean you'd get mobile notifications (if you have that setting chosen in your Setting preferences). Are you seeing a different behavior than what I described? Thanks!

Deleted user July 13, 2018

Hi Jess, 

Thanks for your prompt reply. It gives me a good feeling when a vendor is attentive to feedback and strives to improve a product. So thanks for your hard work. I will keep a lookout for this behavior. My team has been using stride for a few days now, and we absolutely love it. It's not perfect but I think it looks very promising. We can easily say that we much prefer it over slack. The interface looks great, I love how code snippets are automatically recognized, the markup functionality is great, and search is outstanding. Here are a few things I think you could improve though:

* allow markdown in mobile version

* make photo attachments upload faster

* in mobile app, uploading existing photos is a little clunky. It shows the same type of file browser as the attach file button. Hangouts does this a little more gracefully by showing recent photos within the same screen (example attached)

* I believe there is no threading, correct? Our team is small so we can get away without it, but I can see how it would make things a bit less cluttered for a larger team.

* on pc version, show notification toasts if the window is minimized or hidden when a message is received Screenshot_20180713-031319.png

Jessie July 13, 2018

I'm so happy that you and your team are enjoying Stride! I shared it with my team :) 

Also, thank you for that feedback - all really great info for my team. I'll pass it along to the correct people. 

As always, reach out if you need anything else or are having issues. Thanks!!

Deleted user July 26, 2018

@Jessie Is it april fools in july?!? We just saw the news. Good job killing a potentially great product. We like stride better than slack. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events