Increase transparency of users currently reading and writing chat messages

Johannes Mueller January 7, 2018
I want to discuss a feature request I made, see
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-826

It's about a conversation feature from Google Hangouts for Stride:

The feature I like the most in Google Hangouts is the chat activity transparency. During a conversation you can for every single member of the room see what messages have been read and which have not.

Besides, in Hangouts you see a finer grained status for every user: If the user is currently in the same chat room, the profile picture is in bright color, if he's not, the colors are reduced.

In Hangouts, the status and read activity is not in a separate area of the screen, but in the same chat flow area.

You can also see the current writing activity of other users in the same Hangouts room.

Generally speaking, it is often useful to see (or at least have an impression) who is reading a message, even if that person does not write anything.

This transparency is highly appreciated by every member of our team. Therefore I would very much like to see this feature in Stride, too. At least as a "room opt-in".

What's your opinion on this?

1 comment

Benjamin Durth January 7, 2018
Great idea, IMHO all of the competition has a similar functionality one way or the other and it helps immensely when you’re involved in time critical chats. It is generally a nice way to gain confidence in the chat moving forward and tends to keep people involved.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events