Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How have you gotten buy-in for your chat tool?

melody
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Hello,

I'm working on an article for the Stride blog and I'm wondering how y'all got buy-in for your chat program?

Have you successfully on-boarded your teams to Stride or a similar chat program? What did you do to help teams adopt the new tool? 

Thanks. Looking forward to your stories and tips. 

3 comments

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2018

Hi Melody ,

We are a startup and use Atlassian tools for our devOps & collaboration within our team. We started using HipChat around 3 years back , but were not able to use rooms effectively since too many notifications & alerts became a spoiler. Also hipchat had a bug in Mac OS where in notification alerts would freeze the Hipchat window for a few seconds. 

We were eagerly waiting to try Stride beta and we migrated to Stride around 3 months back.  Its really great using Stride for video calls , & using rooms with code snippets to be passed on ( I love the code snippet feature , which was a pain in Hipchat with truncation & empty spaces ). Our usage of Chat has dramatically increased productivity , and the small things like recent attachments etc is really pain reliving. The team loves the UX & upload & download improvements over hipchat.

Going forward I look for more integration with Jira so that you can update comments , effort etc via Stride using commands .

melody
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2018

Thanks Ajay,

This is helpful. 

melody
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2018

Here's what I came up with after feedback, lots of conversations and research: https://www.stride.com/blog/6-ways-to-get-buy-in-for-a-team-chat-tool

Jocelyn Ledezma June 11, 2018

Hello Melody!

I think one of the greatest things about messaging platforms like Stride is that it relies not only on the feature of peer to peer communication but on the possibility to have integrations within it.

For example, me and my team have been using Stride to have our standup meetings, and  being able to use an app like the Stand-Bot for Stride has made it easier to convince my team to use Stride on a regular basis.

One other thing that is important to consider is mobile support and I think Stride has better features than Hipchat, making it easier to convince those road warriors.

melody
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2018

Nice! Thanks for the tips. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events