Create actions in Jira directly from Stride?

Rebecca Zeus February 12, 2018

Hi, I could have sworn I read in the documentation leading up to Stride's launch that you'd be able to create actions in Jira directly from Stride.  All I can find about how they work together is that you can create actions in Stride, and how to push Jira action progress notifications to Stride, but nothing that shows me creating an action in Stride and then putting it back into Jira?

2 comments

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hi there, Rebecca.

I searched through the documentations but did not find any specific information on this. Nevertheless, I stumbled upon the Suggestion that you would be interested to keep an eye on:

I encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.

Feedbacks are appreciated too. You can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request.

Rebecca Zeus April 22, 2018

Thanks Ahmad.  I've voted for the issue, and also commented, supporting the request from Adam in the comments

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2018

You are most welcome. Any time!

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2018

Hi @Rebecca Zeus, just wondering if you would be willing go give us some more context as to why you want to do this? What is it you're trying to solve? Why is it important to you?

Rebecca Zeus April 22, 2018

Hi Sherif,  I believe what I'm looking for is reflected in the comment made by Adam in the above-linked suggestion page, to be able to upgrade a stride action to a jira issue.  It's important because we're trying to migrate to using Jira as our one-an-only place for tracking actions, including out of team meetings, etc, not just for the tasks required to complete a particular project / sprint.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events