Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timezone Communication of Maintenance Events

Brandon Dow April 20, 2022

I enter the time and date of a maintenance notification in UTC.  Our event happens 4/28/22 at 20:00 Pacific time.  This is actually 03:00 on 4/29 UTC time.

The notification message goes out with the subject "Denali Advanced Integration Service Desk Maintenance - Denali Service Desk Scheduled Maintenance Notification - Telephony Service - 29 April 2022".  

This is confusing to a recipient because they think the maintenance event happens 4/29.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. The emails are generated to show that they start on the day that the maintenance is happening based on the timezone. If you would rather have this show in Pacific time, you can change the timezone under "your page" > Page Info. This would allow you to set the time in Pacific time and avoid that confusion. Unfortunately, there is no way to separate this out based on each subscriber's timezone so we have you set this in the page info. 

I know some customers end up adding the timezones in the first notification just to make it clear to be aware of the start time.

Please let me know if you had any other questions. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Brandon Dow April 21, 2022

Thanks Jesse.  Greatly appreciated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events