Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set start and stop time on an incident/backfilling incident ? Also choose component on backfilling?

Jim Rubinsson March 29, 2022

Hi!

1. Can you set start/stop time on an incident? 

2. Can you set start/stop time when backfilling an incident? 

3. Can you choose component on backfilling an incident? 

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

Hello Jim,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the questions. Let me try to address each one below:

1.  Can you set start/stop time on an incident? 
Incidents do not have start on stop times like a maintenance would. The reason for this is that an incident would typically have a variable time. We have integrations with things like Opsgenie and Pagerduty that can change the incident status based on other triggers but we don't have any specific start and stop times that you can set up. Essentially, when you start the incident is the start time and when you resolve the incident is stop time. You can edit the times after the incident is closed so that you can fine tune the start and stop times.

2. Can you set start/stop time when backfilling an incident? 

3. Can you choose component on backfilling an incident? 

These two questions actually share a similar answer so I will answer them together. The backfilling tool that we have is a good tool if you do not care about the details. It's helpful for when you want to bring in a lot of old incidents just for completeness on your page but you cannot get into the details with that. If you do want to "backfill" an incident with all the details, I suggest looking at this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-questions/Why-isn-t-it-possible-to-choose-components-on-backfilled/qaq-p/1835098

This talks about the steps you can take to backfill an incident, add the components, edit the start/stop times, etc.

Hopefully that all helps! I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events