Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize incident messages in Statuspage from Opsgenie Alerts

Henry Sui October 25, 2021

I have integrated Statuspage with Opsgenie and it works fine in creating & resolving alters, but when I updated the alert's message/description in Opsgenie, the actions were showing in Statuspage with something like '[Comment from Opsgenie] my_name executed [UpdateDescription] action on alert'.  We need to display the updated description itself.

How can I remove the "system message" and customize the notes from Opsgenie alerts that are showed in Statuspage?

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2021

Hello Henry,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thanks for the question.

I believe you can change this. In the advanced section of the integration there is a spot for note. I would suspect that changing this would allow you to customize the message. I would give that a try since it seems to be using some default messaging there.

Please let me know if you run into issues.

Regards,
Jesse

Henry Sui November 1, 2021

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the reply. I checked the advanced integration section in Opsgenie, and it seems like the integration looks like it is one way from Statuspage to Opsgenie. Please let us know if we are on the wrong section or which of the fields you want us to update?Capture.PNG

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2021

Hello Henry,

This looks like the right section that you should be in for making changes to the alert. The last option should be where the notes would go. I am a bit unsure how this fully links up through Opsgenie. I would reach out to support either through chat or a ticket and we can take a closer look together and have your instance available to us.

Regards,
Jesse

Henry Sui November 2, 2021

Hi Jesse,

It seems the one way from Statuspage to Opsgenie. Could you please share a link where I can create a ticket?Screenshot 2021-11-02 162306.png

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2021

Hello Henry,

You can go to support.atlassian.com to submit a ticket. Or if you are on Opsgenie, there should be a popup on the bottom right to use chat support for Opsgenie.

Regards,
Jesse

Michael Test April 4, 2022

Hello @Jesse Klein @Henry Sui

I am currently facing the same issue trying to integrate OpsGenie with StatusPage.
Do you have any updates on the subject or suggestions on what I could do? 

Thanks in advance!

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2022

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the community! I went into Opsgenie to see if I could find any way to change that messaging but it does look like that messaging is pre-generated when it goes to Statuspage. It doesn't appear to be editable.

It looks like unless users are okay with the wording, they disable any update messages going to Statuspage except for things like creation and resolution. They then would add the updates to the page itself.

It also appears that many use cases are around internal pages, where they are okay with showing the name of the person that ack'd the alert because it is an internal employee.

Finally, I found a link to a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-160

It looks like this would need to be implemented and is currently not available. I would check there and vote for it to be added. Hopefully that helps!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events