Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Status Page

John Burn June 11, 2021

Hopefully someone from here can help me.

I've recently changed my email address with Ring, I've unsubscribed from their Status Page emails that were going to my old email address, but when I go to try and subscribe with my new email address, I'm unable to. It only gives me options to subscribe either by Atom or RSS feed.

I've tried Atlassian Support but they're unable to help me, they did suggest however that I post on here in the hope that someone from the Admin side of things would be able to help and add my new email address to the Status Page updates for Ring so I continue to receive them via email.

Is anyone able to do this for me?

Thanks. 

1 comment

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi John,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately it looks like Ring has decided to stop people subscribing via email. There isn't anything the community can do nor Atlassian, this seems to be a decision that Ring has taken.

I would recommend contacting Ring to ask them if they plan on enabling email subscription on Statuspage.

Thanks,
Nick

John Burn June 11, 2021

That's a shame.

Thanks for that info, Nick. I'll try speaking to them again but I'm not sure I'll have any luck, it's taken 4 phone calls so far without them being able to help which is why I'd try contacting Atlassian Support and now the Community, I think they realise it's something they have to fix! 

Like Nick Coates likes this
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

I've sent them a tweet to see if I get any response on there for you.

It's a shame they don't allow subscribe via email but it could be down to the page plan they are on and the fact they may have hit their subscriber limit (if they're not on Enterprise they can only have less than 5,000 subscribers and I imagine they would have more than that subscribed or who would like to subscribe).

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2021

@John Burn Well I got a response... I think it may be just a canned response but they've suggested:

Great question, Nick! We don't have any news to share concerning this feature. However, you can post about your idea on our Feature Request Board here: https://community.ring.com/c/products/feature-request-board/24 Let us know if we can help with anything else.

John Burn June 11, 2021

Thanks Nick, really appreciate that 👍🏻

That definitely does sound like a canned response, it contradicts what they were telling me on the phone for one!

Shame, it was quite a useful feature, I'll mention it in the link you've posted but I'm not holding my breath!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events