Rescheduling maintenance posts

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2018

Hey folks,

Another advice thread but this time around rescheduling maintenance. For one of our pages, we have to give 30 days notice for maintenance on the customer portal. This goes through change management to be approved by stakeholders before it's finally posted, however, the maintenance has been rescheduled multiple times. The post is now pretty unclear and is a bit jumbled.

My suggestion to the team was to simply raise a new maintenance and 'cancel' the existing one, linking to the new post. This way, customers have the newest posting. 

A few other suggestions made by the team include:

• Move the most recent data to the top of the post and put all updates below, manipulating the post order each time the post is updated.
  • Move the most recent data to the top and edit any predefined language the original post displayed.
  • Feature request, add a truncate option under the original post perhaps named, previous updates, when clicked expands all data

Curious to know any recommendations on the appropriate way to manage this?

Thanks,
Nick

1 comment

Jake Bartlett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hi Nick, do you mind linking to this particular maintenance post so I can see it? 

Given the information you've provided. I'm inclined to suggest marking this maintenance as "completed" and including a note that it's been rescheduled under a new maintenance event (linking to the new post as you've suggested). This seems like the cleanest path forward, giving customers a less cluttered view of the maintenance. 

We have a feature request in the backlog to add the ability to "reschedule" a maintenance although we don't have an ETA on this right now. 

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

Hey Jake,

Sure, I should have included it in my original post! Here it is: https://email.status.symantec.com/incidents/ckqszjwgkhzk

I'm going to go back to the team and advise that we should be creating new maintenance and linking back to the original (now completed) maintenance. We should probably update the title of it as well to say 'Cancelled' or something along those lines.

Great news on the ability to be reschedule! 

Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events