Please, for the love of god, don't destroy statuspage.io with "unified login"...

bp October 9, 2020

Last time we went through an Atlassian login unification process it took me 14 hours over 3 months to get my access back. I can't remember which product it was - maybe confluence after being a jira customer and confluence customer. It ended up with us ditching all of our atlassian products. I like statuspage.io because it is so simple. It only does what is needed and not anything else. This is key in a product we need to use in emergencies. I don't care about integrations with Jira (don't use it anymore), nor Slack (which we use, but why would I want to integrate...?) All I want is trivially simple authentication and a trivially simple user interface. Please don't destroy another product for us...

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020

I'm curious as to why it took you so long to work through a (reasonably simple) change of authentication method? 

That suggests I might think you were doing something wrong.  I am not thinking that, I am interested only in what the problems you ran into were and why they took so long to fix.

I am not sure how I could phrase the question better. 

bp October 9, 2020

It's been a while, but I believe the problems started because I had a username login in one place (the same username I've used across the internet since the mid-90s) and an email login on another product. I think I eventually had to give up on my username to get anything to work (although attribution and history continued being messed up). This is a long time ago, so my memory might not be completely accurate, but the feeling of dread whenever Atlassian unified login is mentioned remains to this day.

Victor Dronov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2020

Hello. 

My name is Victor, I am a Statuspage product manager.

I believe you have received an invitation to migrate to Atlassian account (aka "unified login") recently. I am really sorry to hear about your unfortunate experiences in the past. To be fair, would it be right to assume you are referring to something which happened many years ago?

Few things I'd like to share to hopefully restore your faith in us, and confidence in the migration to Atlassian account you are about to do:

1. Thousands of Statuspage customers are using "unified login", Atlassian account and Atlassian user administration to date. Every new customer since June is starting on Atlassian account as a default.

2. Hundreds of Statuspage customers has already successfully went through a process you are expressing some skepticism about - and now are using Statuspage with Atlassian account.

3. No Statuspage customers have experienced any critical situation so far (say, being locked out of their account or had to spend hours to complete migration).

Even if your organization is using only Statuspage, but not other Atlassian products, your experience will still remain a "trivially simple authentication and a trivially simple user interface". Other customers would also appreciate new features and new administration tools, available only with Atlassian account.

If you ever experience any difficulty or an unexpected issue during your migration process - please raise a support ticket with us. If done during US work hours, you'll start being helped within few hours.

Like # people like this
bp June 21, 2023

Just a final update - we couldn't get into our account after our company card expired while I was on vacation. We've long since moved on to instatus, today I (finally) took the time to turn off email messages from Atlassian (even if we're still using Trello).

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events