Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New feature release: Page analytics

Statuspage page analytics photo.png

Atlassian community,

Here at Statuspage, we see tens of millions of people look at our customers' status pages every month. Hundreds of thousands of support tickets are deflected as a result, but customers have had to use third-party vendors to track page views on their own status pages.

As of today, all status pages now have access to native, in-app page analytics. This new feature gives insight into the impact and reach of your status page by allowing you to track historical metrics for subscribers and page views. You can find this data by visiting manage.statuspage.io and navigating to Your page > Page analytics. This is available for Public, Private, and Audience-specific pages.

statuspage page analytics screenshot.png

Page analytics takes incident communication strategy to the next level. Start tracking your page usage over time and experiment with different ways to share your status page with customers, such as Status embed or our integrations.

For more information about page analytics, check out this knowledge base article.

Enjoy this new Statuspage functionality and let us know what you think!

-The Statuspage team

10 comments

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Cool!.. Two very basic charts but very useful showing the trend :) .. You can think about adding some statistics to that page defined "as text " that would describe it more precisely e.g "Avarage number of visitors .. " .. "Max unique visitors" .. "Current subscribers"... etc. 

Like # people like this
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hey Mirek, thanks for the feedback! We currently have subscriber count under the Subscriber menu option, but it might be nice to list it by the chart as well. As for average page views, we discussed that option and thought average page views might be a bit variable due to the spike in views during incidents. Maybe the average number of views during an incident would be a good start?

Like Pierre Martignon likes this
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2020

Awesome to see this available for all Statuspage customers! I remember sharing Broadcom's requirements for in-house analytics with the Statuspage Product Team, being shown the first prototype and then having this enabled as BETA for a month.

I would like to further see this develop, and I know I've shared this with @Jake Bartlett but the following:

1. Drill down hour by hour of subscribers and users - we do regularly analysis which helps drive our page adoption by comparing our first initial postings and the increase in users.

2. Charting of the incidents and maintenance - would be super handy to have this and then be able to correlate this over the users.

3. Views of incidents postings - I'd prefer not to have average, would just like to see the views the post had.

Anyway looking to seeing this develop to become even more awesome!

Like # people like this
Susan Shevelenko March 16, 2021

I see the subscriber chart on my page analytics, but don't see how I can get / view the 'unique page visitors' chart, as in the display above.  Is there a configuration or setting?

Like # people like this
Mike Paez April 22, 2021

Agree with Susan. Where is the "unique page visitors" data?

Like # people like this
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

Someone from the Atlassian team can confirm but I understand the pageviews/visitors was removed from this feature due to GDPR concerns.

Teppei Sato May 11, 2021

I found this comment by Atlassian team.

To avoid any compliance issues, we have made the decision to disable and remove these cookies outright. While this does unfortunately break the page analytics feature, it does address tracking concerns. These have already been removed in production systems.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-questions/Cookies-on-StatusPage/qaq-p/1387878#M1030

Peter.Deacon February 1, 2023

Even just a Page view / Links clicked counter would give some idea of usage even if its not unique.  Would help understand if we have the right customers engaged and the time it takes them to respond?

Like Justin Sharp likes this
dwight August 23, 2023

Was this feature changed at some point?  On our page analytics view, I only see subscribers, not unique page visitors.

edit - ah, nevermind, I see it was removed.

dwight.

Justin Sharp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2023

I second the comment left by @Peter.Deacon

@Chase Wilson - has this been placed in your backlog?  Agree that you can still count page views without a tracking cookie.  And why not give companies the option to enable the unique views with tracking cookie and do like what all the other websites do - present a dialogue allowing visitor to accept or limit the cookies?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events