Introducing Statuspage’s updated navigation

Hey! I’m Olivia, a software engineer on the Statuspage team here at Atlassian.

We’re excited to announce the release of an updated navigation experience for our Statuspage users. These changes will be rolled out to you starting on September 6th, 2022. The new design is more consistent with the other Atlassian products that you know and love, and should be easy and straightforward to use!

In your team's Statuspage dashboard at https://manage.statuspage.io, you can now find your Atlassian apps, help, and profile on our new top navigation. Users who belong to multiple organizations can switch between them quickly at the bottom of our side navigation. Everything else is right where you left it.

Functionally, everything works the same as the previous navigation so there’s nothing you need to do!

This is what the Statuspage manage dashboard looks like now with the new navigation:

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 10.12.27 AM.png

Mobile

If you’re accessing Statuspage on your mobile device, the navigation is largely the same as it was previously, but you’ll notice that we updated the design! To open the navigation you can click the hamburger icon (top left). If you change your computer's browser size to a narrower view port you’ll also see the mobile navigation kick in.

The mobile navigation now looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 10.13.52 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 10.14.06 AM.png

Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy these improvements!

10 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Finally! I've been waiting for Statuspage to be rolled in to the common Atlassian Admin experience.

Like # people like this
Jason Turnage September 13, 2022

Can not find the setting for long running incidents any longer.  They seem to have disappeared from the UI completely.

Like # people like this
Dean Schaffer September 30, 2022

Looking good Statuspage!

Like # people like this
Olivia Kasmin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2022

Hey @Jason Turnage! Thanks for your comment. Long-running incident notifications can still be set by navigating to the avatar icon (now top right in the navigation) then clicking on profile. Hope that helps  

Mia Chavarria-Chavarria October 14, 2022

lovet    yaaaaaaaaaay

Like Olivia Kasmin likes this
Rizwan Ahmad October 18, 2022

great way for public

Amanda Koster December 15, 2022

Hello! I have been searching for awhile and not finding a way to style the components, add features  such as tool tips, etc.  Can anyone point me to that info?

Olivia Kasmin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2022

Hey @Amanda Koster! I'd recommend checking out some of the pages linked here, specifically the custom CSS and HTML. Hope that helps! 

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/create-and-customize-your-status-page/

Amanda Koster December 16, 2022

@Olivia Kasmin I am seeing how to customize headers and footers, but nothing about how to access the components. Think sandwich: I can style the bread, but not the meat. How do I style the meat? Would you point me this specifically?

This is all I can find which is very limited:
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/css-and-javascript-snippets-for-customizations/

Changing the components section

Use the two-column layout

You can switch to the two-column layout that uses icons instead of text descriptions for the component statuses.

Note: the 2-column layout can cause issues with how Component Groups are rendered. If you're using Component Groups, we suggest using an even number of groups, and placing them side-by-side.

Here's the JS.

Change the names of component statuses

You can customize the names of the different component statuses. For example, you can change "Operational" to "Everything's Great!"

Here's the JS.

Move the components section above the active incidents section

Like # people like this
Olivia Kasmin
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2022

Hey @Amanda Koster, thanks for your question. For heavy customizations, you can try to inspect a heavily customized Statuspage to get a feel of how they are tweaking things. If you have any specific questions, you can always submit a ticket with our support team at support.atlassian.com.Thanks!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events