Give users more context with enhanced Uptime Showcase tooltips

We’re excited to announce a big improvement to the Uptime Showcase feature! Now, when you hover over a day in the Uptime Showcase, we surface any related incidents or scheduled maintenance for that day. This means your status page viewers can easily navigate to the related incident or maintenance to get more context as to what happened on that particular day. Check out the example below…

enhanced-tooltips.gif

Let us know what you think of this improvement in the comments below!

8 comments

Sophie Reynolds February 22, 2019

Great new feature! 

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Awesome!

Like shannyshan likes this
Darryl Gibson March 21, 2019

In general this has been great but Ive now come across a situation where I want to UN-relate a maintenance activity as the relationship is misleading to customers. How do I do that?

Jake Bartlett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

@Darryl Gibson you would have to delete the Scheduled Maintenance in order to remove it from the "Related" section. At this time there's no way to un-relate an incident/maintenance without deleting it. We tie it to the day based on the time the incident/scheduled maintenance spans. 

Can you shed some more light on how/why this is misleading to your customers? I'd love to pass along this context to our product team! 

Darryl Gibson April 3, 2019

@Jake Bartlett , I had an outage earlier in the day before the maintenance even took place. When customers hover over that day it looks like the maintenance was related to the outage but actually had nothing to do with it.

Jake Bartlett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

@Darryl Gibson Was an incident created for that outage, or was a component degraded without an incident? 

Darryl Gibson April 4, 2019

@Jake Bartlett , the component was degraded, triggered via email from our monitoring. It was relatively short so we didnt create an incident for the outage.

Jake Bartlett
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2019

@Darryl Gibson Ok thanks for all the context here! Since there wasn't an incident associated with the component degradation, I can see how it would be confusing to see only the maintenance on that day. I'll pass this along to our product team! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events