Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon: Statuspage migration to Atlassian account

Ever since we joined the Atlassian family, we’ve been working on making it easier for you to use Statuspage with other Atlassian products. For the next big step in this journey, we are excited to share that we are working on bringing all existing Statuspage customers over to an Atlassian account.

What migrating to an Atlassian account means for you

If your team uses Statuspage alongside other Atlassian products, you currently use different credentials and manage users in separate locations. After you migrate to an Atlassian account, your team will benefit from:

• the same login and password to access all Atlassian products, including Statuspage
  • easier navigation between Atlassian products
  • a unified admin tool to manage users across all Atlassian products
  • new Statuspage features and integrations only available with an Atlassian account

community1.png

Available with an Atlassian account: Jira Software Cloud integration

If you are using Jira Software Cloud to manage incidents, you will be able to connect your instance with Statuspage to quickly update your status page, customers, and internal stakeholders. By creating an incident from a Jira ticket (or linking an active incident to a Jira ticket) you can stop jumping between products and speed up your incident communication.

Learn more about the Jira Software Cloud integration.

community2.png

Available with an Atlassian account: Advanced user permissions

As incident teams grow larger, many Statuspage admins become concerned with permissions and access rights for their users. Our upcoming Advanced user permissions feature will grant Statuspage admins the ability to manage which users can perform actions like customizing status pages, posting and updating incidents, or developing custom integrations. This feature will be available on select pricing plans in summer 2020.

community3.png

When is this all available?

We will be gradually opening up the opportunity to migrate your organization to an Atlassian account across the next few months. If you are the account owner for your status page - please stay tuned! You will receive further instructions on how to migrate your account, and while we’ve worked hard to make it quick and easy, we’ll be here to support you if you need extra help.

(Note: Please make sure your account’s Statuspage owner is correctly assigned. You can learn more about this here.)

5 comments

Alex Janes November 2, 2020

@Victor Dronov Any updates as to when this might be occurring? I just got my Atlassian Access setup so I can start facilitating logins via that.

Victor Dronov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Alex, this is already in progress for a few months by now. We are opening migration to our customers gradually, to make sure it goes smooth for everyone. If you are using SSO with Statuspage today (let me assume that by the fact you have set up Access), this may come a little later.

Alex Janes November 3, 2020

@Victor Dronov Excellent! Thank you for the update.

Are you able to give any sort of timeline for when this will occur? Just trying to plan this out. :)

Sophie Reynolds May 12, 2021

Hi Victor, I posted this as a question but unfortunately haven't received an answer yet:

Please can you advise on the message on our statuspage regarding migrating users to Atlassian?

We have over 2000 subscribers that view our page and we are unsure of the impact this migration will have on our subscribers? We want to avoid them having to create an account. Our migration date is set to June 1st. Can you please explain what is required of us to do to make this a smooth transition?

Out of the managed users we have 35 IT staff that login via single sign on so we want to know what this means in terms of access to manage the page

Thanks

Sophie

Like # people like this
W H June 20, 2021

This apparently turned off my SSO settings.  We could care less about an Atlassian account at my org, as it is unneeded and we as a company are eliminating external accounts, not increasing them.  Way to operate in a bubble and not understand how your customers or others in the world are using IT solutions and taking it upon yourself to make IT decisions for organizations you know nothing about.  Automatically creating accounts for users in another system is laughably bad.  Especially when there are some who likely will never know you did it.

Like Wei likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events