Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where does branch name come from for svn dcommit?

kevin_hardman January 15, 2018

For some reason SourceTree has started giving me the following message when I push to my remote svn repository:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree svn dcommit invalid-branch 

checkout invalid-branch: command returned error: 1

Pushing from the command line "git svn dcommit" works no problem. SourceTree is appending "invalid-branch" to the end of the command. Where does this come from and how do I remove it?

2 answers

0 votes
kevin_hardman February 21, 2018

To all concerned this is fixed in version 2.7.1 (159)

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi

Can I check is this Windows v2.4.7.0 and you using Git/Svn?

Assuming it is and you get this error when trying to do a push, then Sourcetree thinks 'invalid-branch' is a branch name selected from the list of available branches. What do you see in the push dialog?

kevin_hardman January 18, 2018

macOS Sourcetree Version 2.7 (152) and yes I am using Git/SVN.

There is only one branch "master" listed in the side bar under BRANCHES. When I click Push in the toolbar or select the menu item "Push to repository" shows "Subversion" with the correct URL next to it. The Push? checkbox is checked, the "Local Branch" shows "Current Branch", the "Remote Branch" is empty and the "Track?" checkbox is checked. I am unable to change any field in the "Branches to push" table. Clicking OK produces the messages provided before.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Thanks for the information

inkhead February 7, 2018

The same thing started happening to me when I updated to version 2.7 on macOS.  Is there a fix for this?  I have been doing my pushes from the command line ever since this broke.  Same version, also GIT/SVN, macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G19009).

kevin_hardman February 7, 2018

I have not seen a fix. FWIW I did discover that if I right click on the "master" branch in the side bar there is a "Push to" menu item that shows "Subversion". Selecting "Subversion" shows the the push sheet with the branch "master" filled in and now clicking OK works.

inkhead February 7, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have multiple branches.  When I right click on the branch I am trying to push I still get the same error.

inkhead February 7, 2018

Hey!  I tried it again and it worked!  Not sure what I did differently the first time I tried it but it filled in the correct branch and worked as expected.  Thanks for the work around...  It'll do until they fix the overall issue...

kevin_hardman February 7, 2018

I have seen the "Push to" -> "Subversion" contextual menu item fail on a few (rare) occasions. I believe in those cases the remote branch was still blank in the push sheet. If the column is filled in ("master" in my case) it has always worked for me.

JFYI I did open a bug for this problem (SRCTREE-5301) some time back.

inkhead February 8, 2018

Thanks for the info... It was a big help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events