viewing history of changes (log?) of a given file

Peter Galvin August 7, 2012

Hi, there is probably a way to do this but I'm new to sourcetree so probably missing it. Thoughts appreciated.

I can use the "file status view" to navigate to a specific file I want to know more about. But I haven't made changes to the file - rather I want to see the history of that file (for example who made the last change and what that change was, who created it when, etc).

Can't seem to find a way to do that.

Thanks much.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Peter,

You can right-click on a file in any of the views and pick 'Log Selected' from the context menu - this will give you the entire history just for that file. If you want, from there you can double-click on any commits that changed that file to see the rest of the changes in context.

HTH
Steve

0 votes
Peter Galvin August 7, 2012

Thanks Steve, I knew I was missing it. Note that searching for the answer via help within the app didn't show that. Also I thought that was an active command - as in "make a log entry for the selected entry" so maybe "view log selected" might be clearer.

Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events