transfer bookmarks setup

epataky August 7, 2013

i setup 5 different repos from 5 different people .. i want to setup someone else's computer exactly like mine ... can i transfer this setup of directories, bookmarks, etc, from sourcetree, to someone else's computer?

2 answers

1 vote
Geoff Sokoll June 23, 2014

I have the same question, and am likewise on Windows. Any suggestions ?

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Hi Ed,

We get asked this question quite often. The problem is that your bookmarks file is relative to the directory structure of that user. We use absolute paths rather than relative paths meaning they're seen as /Users/Ed/Some/Location. This does mean you could technically copy the bookmarks file and do a find/replace, but you'd also need the repositories in the same location as yourself, too.

The bookmarks file is in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/browser.plist. If you've got an editor that can support this (it's just XML) then you can open it up and see the paths. Copying this file and using it as a basis will help, then as I say, just do a find/replace and copy over the repositories and technically it should work fine.

Hope that helps

epataky August 7, 2013

thank you ...

epataky August 8, 2013

i am on windows .. where is this file on windows?

epataky August 18, 2013

i am on windows .. where is this file on windows?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events