strange delete branches on push

antonio molinari November 12, 2012

every time a try to push from sourcetree, the push window shows me a branch named "forces", and for default ALWAYS that branch, and don't know who created (maybe a console typing error?).

How can i remove tedinitely that branch "forces", and restore the correct "matching" between local and remote branches so when i open the push window it shows me correctly

master --> master
stable --> stable

AND NOT

master --> foces
stable --> forces

?

Thank you very much :-)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
antonio molinari November 18, 2012

tried all those solutions: the only was i solved with was to re-clone the repo ...

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Glad you got it sorted out, I don't know how your repo got into this situation since a Fetch with Prune should have had the same effect.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

Click the 'Fetch' button on the toolbar, and check the prune option before clicking OK. This will delete any remote branches that your local repo has a record of but which no longer exist on the remote.

To change how SourceTree defaults the Push dialog, check out the options in Preferences > Git > Push branches.

seems not working, done what you said, still see that strange branch: is there a way to delete that sort of branches list cache ?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

Fetch with prune does delete the local cache of the branches that are on the remote. If it hasn't gotten rid of this branch, it means that it still exists on the remote. If you want to delete it from the remote, you can do so by right-clicking the remote branch in the sidebar (expand the remote entry to see the remote branches, then right-click on it and select delete). Note that this will delete the branch on the remote, not just your own record of it.

antonio molinari November 14, 2012

tried all those solutions: the only was i solved with was to re-clone the repo ...

0 votes

i attach images, it was not possible on the original posting window

0 votes

i attach the images (it was not possible on original posting window)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events