Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stage several files on new SourceTree Mac version

Renato May 1, 2014

I just updated my MAC SourceTree to the Version 1.9.0. This version made some design modifications and one of them was on how to state files to a commit.

Before, we could stage files by dragging them from the "unstaged" to the "staged" section. In the new version, the "stagged" section was removed and you stages the files by checking the checkbox on the each filename.

The problem with that approach is that if I want to stage several files at once (let's say, during an initial commit), I have to check each checkbox one by one....

Is that really the only way? Or is there a easier way to stage multiples files?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

You can Cmd+click to highlight multiple files (maybe shift+click as well), then hit the space bar once to check (stage or unstage, depending on current status) all highlighted files.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014
0 votes
Renato May 1, 2014

Thanks for the blog link. It (together with the comments) summarizes everything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events