Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sourcetree hangs in log/history and memory skyrockets (1.6.10.0)

d3bgger November 16, 2014

Just migrated my code from svn to git.

Committed and pushed the latest svn revision (clean start in git). It's around 2k files with a total size of about 20mb.

After push, i tried to see the log / history tab, but sourcetree hangs, and the memory skyrockets (i kill it in 2gb).

Same happens with every repository i migrated.

I'm using the latest version 1.6.10.0

p.s i tried to file a bug in sourcetree support but the page doesn't work for me

7 answers

5 votes
d3bgger November 17, 2014

this is only happening in versions

Downgraded to 1.6.8 and the issue is gone. So i guess it has something to do with the new tree view! 

Ian Darroch December 4, 2014

We are having the same problem too, with v1.6.11. The downgrade to 1.6.8 also fixed the problem here. Thanks.

0 votes
bravecobra February 16, 2015

Apparently it got fixed in 1.6.13: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2572

0 votes
bravecobra February 11, 2015

Atlassian, can we have a more permanent solution please?

0 votes
tobias larsen January 13, 2015

Same problem here. Anyone know where I can download 1.6.8?

EDIT : Found it  http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.6.8.exe

0 votes
Giovanni Van Geel November 19, 2014

I seem to have the same problem. I downgraded to 1.6.8 as well and indeed the problem is gone. Thx for the tip.

0 votes
Caleb Evans November 19, 2014

I've experienced the same issue when doing an initial commit of 2k-3k files. I have to kill source tree when the memory usage hits around 4gb. As a workaround, With SourceTree closed, I create a change in a single file for this repository. On opening SourceTree the initial view shows the uncommitted changes (only 1 file) and the program is usable again. I dare not click on that initial commit again though.

0 votes
d3bgger November 16, 2014

i just tried to leave it without killing it to see the outcome:

After about 1-2 min the memory decreases, and the view is working.

Then i created a branch... and the waiting / memory / hang started all over again. After 1 min the view started working and te memory decreased.

CPU for the sourcetree process is at a constant 20% while hanging

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events