sourcetree hangs in log/history and memory skyrockets (1.6.10.0)

Just migrated my code from svn to git.

Committed and pushed the latest svn revision (clean start in git). It's around 2k files with a total size of about 20mb.

After push, i tried to see the log / history tab, but sourcetree hangs, and the memory skyrockets (i kill it in 2gb).

Same happens with every repository i migrated.

I'm using the latest version 1.6.10.0

p.s i tried to file a bug in sourcetree support but the page doesn't work for me

7 answers

this is only happening in versions

Downgraded to 1.6.8 and the issue is gone. So i guess it has something to do with the new tree view! 

We are having the same problem too, with v1.6.11. The downgrade to 1.6.8 also fixed the problem here. Thanks.

i just tried to leave it without killing it to see the outcome:

After about 1-2 min the memory decreases, and the view is working.

Then i created a branch... and the waiting / memory / hang started all over again. After 1 min the view started working and te memory decreased.

CPU for the sourcetree process is at a constant 20% while hanging

I've experienced the same issue when doing an initial commit of 2k-3k files. I have to kill source tree when the memory usage hits around 4gb. As a workaround, With SourceTree closed, I create a change in a single file for this repository. On opening SourceTree the initial view shows the uncommitted changes (only 1 file) and the program is usable again. I dare not click on that initial commit again though.

I seem to have the same problem. I downgraded to 1.6.8 as well and indeed the problem is gone. Thx for the tip.

Same problem here. Anyone know where I can download 1.6.8?

EDIT : Found it  http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.6.8.exe

Atlassian, can we have a more permanent solution please?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you