sourcetree git command line with ssh authentication

Robbin Bonthond
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

how can I use the sourcetree embedded git client from the terminal with ssh authentication? I'm able to clone a repo via the gui (via putty setup), but an equivalent git clone command via the terminal fails

6 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

Sounds odd, I'm at a loss. Let's hope one of the Atlassian guys jumps in here.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2014

Sounds odd, I'm at a loss. Let's hope one of the Atlassian guys jumps in here.

0 votes
Robbin Bonthond
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2014

I can login via sourcetree gui, and putty, but not via the embedded git command via the terminal. "$GIT_SSH" reports "plink: Release 0.63". I can do "$GIT_SSH" stash.server.com, but I cannot do "git ls-remote" from the command line. It's like the embedded git version refuses to read $GIT_SSH

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2014

Can you SSH into the stash server from the git embedded client? If not, see if this is relevant: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/msysgit/Xf1Af3vrHX8

0 votes
Robbin Bonthond
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2014

hi, I can do a "git clone" via the gui using putty in the background, but when I start a terminal, and use the git embedded client (1.8.3) to do a "git clone", then I get ssh authentication failures. This works via the gui without issues (sourcetree 1.4.0.0)

git clone ssh://stash.company.com/cad/gitbm.git
Cloning into 'repo'...
ssh_control_listener_bind(): No such file or directory
fatal: Could not read from remote repository

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2014

Kindly provide more details on the problem. Somehelpful specifics would be the "equivalent git clone command" that is failing, as well as any error messages that are notifying you of the failure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events