sourcetree does not allow bitbucket use via atlassian account

Paul Bransford June 28, 2016

I am no longer able to access Bitbucket with SourceTree, since connecting to my attlasian account. The service wants my email-style attlasian credentials, but the application refuses to accept this (stating "Please enter your Bitbucket/GitHub username and not an email address" - yet the auth test on this dialog PASSES)

6 answers

1 vote
Hack Kampbjørn October 20, 2016

The trick is to use your Bitbucket username but your Atlassian id password.

Charles Southey October 20, 2016

This doesn't work for me - my password is the same for both.

1 vote
Charles Southey October 6, 2016

Same here - I have SourceTree working fine on my existing desktop but I am trying to set up a fresh instance on a new laptop and am caught in an endless cycle of hell. If I use my email address the password checks out successfully and I get a green tick - but when I try to save SourceTree says "Please enter your BitBucket/GitHub username and not an email address". If I use my username (without the email domain suffix) I can save it but it does not authenticate and I cannot retrieve any data. AAAAAAAAGH. Please sort this out Atlassian!

0 votes
Kyle Knoblock February 2, 2017

Same.  I can log into bitbucket.org with my Atlassian account, but I can't log into Source Tree with my Atlassian account or my Bitbucket account.  Has this really not been addressed yet?

0 votes
kadze January 22, 2017

the same trouble

0 votes
David Miller October 20, 2016

Our BitBucket server allow usernames as email addresses.  When I attempt to set my password, I cannot save it because I'm also getting the "Please enter your BitBucket/GitHub username and not an email address" error.  Since I've had this username for a long time and it worked fine for previous versions of SourceTree, I'm guessing this is a defect?  Can anyone offer advise on how to overcome this issue?

0 votes
Hack Kampbjørn August 29, 2016

I have a similar problem after Bitbucket was converted to Atlassian account. Every time I start sourcetree it asks for my Bitbucket password using my old Bitbucket username. This of course fails. Using the Atlassian id also fails. And there is no hint where to where it reads the account name from so I could at least avoid the nagging

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events